Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any experiences with Glock 19 grip reductions?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Any experiences with Glock 19 grip reductions?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_207 View Post
    This.
    IMO the sight radius issue is negligible.
    But is the inability to run a WML negligible?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve S. View Post
    But is the inability to run a WML negligible?
    Only if you usually CCW with a WML.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    If you're going to chop the grip to G26 length, just get the G26 then.
    For those of us with strong hands with large thumb muscles the hump on the G26 is to crowded and the hump on the back of the 19 is perfect. So by cutting a 19 to a 26 is the only option to have a subcompact glock. Also the benefits are longer sight radius, more velocity, light rail, single recoil spring, and the shootability of the 19. Also with a G19 magazine and a mag spacer you have the ability to bring it back to 19 size.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxjordan22 View Post
    For those of us with strong hands with large thumb muscles the hump on the G26 is to crowded and the hump on the back of the 19 is perfect. So by cutting a 19 to a 26 is the only option to have a subcompact glock. Also the benefits are longer sight radius, more velocity, light rail, single recoil spring, and the shootability of the 19. Also with a G19 magazine and a mag spacer you have the ability to bring it back to 19 size.
    I'm trying to understand the logic here, but it seems like running around in circles.

I have large hands, too, and can't figure out what you're describing there in grip placement. I use a high, thumbs-forward grip. Can you illustrate further?

Longer sight radius tends to be overrated. Sight acquisition, reacquisition, have more variables at play than distance between front and rear.

Velocity gains between the compacts and subs are of negligible benefit.

I don't know how a single RSA is a benefit. The dual RSAs are doing well and showing other tangible benefits.

Going to the G26 also reduces overall gripping surface and may not increase shootability. It also complicates reloads.

A WML out front on a short grip gun is nose heavy.

If there's the possibility of adding a G19 back in with an insert, seems like getting a G19 is the better solution.

I don't want to take bread off the table of the guys doing the reductions. I can see standard to compact mods, but going subcompact seems to create more issues than its worth.

To each their own I guess.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't have large hands as in over all size hands I have strong hands. Think like bodybuilder hands. I worked with my hands doing mechanics for 12 years, did Jiu Jitsu for 5 years, and before that raced motocross. My thumb muscle is large and does not fit between the rear beaver tail and the large hump on the back of the 26. It is to the point that the hump is directly in the middle of my thumb muscle. It pushes the gun up and makes the 26 point higher for me than the 19 or 17.
    Last edited by foxjordan22; 05-10-13 at 08:06.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I did my own grip reductuon and stippling on my gen 3 g19 and I like it much more than stock. If you're handy it can be done pretty easily. I lean to it for CC about 80% of the time. If you had it done professionally I'm sure you'd like it much more than doing it yourself since its quite a time consuming process and if you s never done anything like it there is a lot of room for mistakes. I'm probably going to send my next glock to Bowie for the work.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    I'm trying to understand the logic here, but it seems like running around in circles.

I have large hands, too, and can't figure out what you're describing there in grip placement. I use a high, thumbs-forward grip. Can you illustrate further?

Longer sight radius tends to be overrated. Sight acquisition, reacquisition, have more variables at play than distance between front and rear.

Velocity gains between the compacts and subs are of negligible benefit.

I don't know how a single RSA is a benefit. The dual RSAs are doing well and showing other tangible benefits.

Going to the G26 also reduces overall gripping surface and may not increase shootability. It also complicates reloads.

A WML out front on a short grip gun is nose heavy.

If there's the possibility of adding a G19 back in with an insert, seems like getting a G19 is the better solution.

I don't want to take bread off the table of the guys doing the reductions. I can see standard to compact mods, but going subcompact seems to create more issues than its worth.

To each their own I guess.
    All very valid points.

Muzzle velocity difference is negligible, and reloading with subcompact guns tend to get uncomfortable.

For grip chops, it is all about concealability.

If a few fractions of an inch prints less for someone so be it.

Feedback Score
    Lot's of folks here run G17's with the grip chopped to take G19 mags, as well as G19's chopped to take G26 mags. These generally work very well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Last edited by foxjordan22; 05-10-13 at 20:22.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12