Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walther PPK

Feedback Score
    Nice pistol. A little heavy and outdated, but reliable and easy to shoot in my limited experience with them. Definitely something good to pick up at the right price, IMO. And yes fmj for defensive use. The terminal ballistics forum will have details if you want them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Nice pistol. A little heavy and outdated, but reliable and easy to shoot in my limited experience with them. Definitely something good to pick up at the right price, IMO. And yes fmj for defensive use. The terminal ballistics forum will have details if you want them.
    During the late 1990s, I worked for an agency that issued them as backup guns (stainless .380 ppk/s). My experience with it was probably more negative than any gun I've been issued or owned before or after. It had very frequent malfunctions and never ran consistently other than being unreliable. I would suggest extensive testing prior to carry.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a stainless .380 caliber Walther PPK that was purchased in 1988. It is well worn from carrying it in my right front pocket, ankle holster and tucked in my waistband. I did not have any reliability issues, but I replaced all of the springs in it about 10 years ago for insurance. It has fired roughly 5,000 trouble free rounds in the past 25 years. I feel comfortable carrying it when I want to carry something other than my J Frame.
    Last edited by T2C; 05-09-13 at 19:50.
    Train 2 Win

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12