Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, it's been over a month

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I am sure that when they are ready to make an announcement, they will.
    Last edited by drtywk; 05-29-13 at 12:30.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    I am sure that when they are ready to make an announcement, they will.
    A lack of action or communication makes the threat loose credibility.... I'm all for these companies, I just want the boneheads that made the anti statements to realize there is a cost and it is real!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I think they'll move or have already.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Giraldo could get to the bottom of this.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Generic your mom joke here

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Rapp View Post
    A lack of action or communication makes the threat loose credibility.... I'm all for these companies, I just want the boneheads that made the anti statements to realize there is a cost and it is real!
    So what you are saying is that because Magpul has not made a large public announcement or completed their intended move, in 60 days no less, that it makes them less credible and that their threat was "loose." I am sure you have moved from an apartment, house or barracks room at one point in your life and should have some type of understanding about what all is involved, but have you ever moved a multi-million dollar company with over 200 full time employees, plus all of your infrastructure, all while drastically altering the business of all of your subcontractors? I'm sure you have not, so why does them not moving in a short amount of time make them less credible and their threat "loose"? They have stated that they are moving on numerous occasions and have already moved some of their manufacturing and that they will complete the move in the future. Uprooting 200 employees without disrupting their lives is kind of difficult and is something that you just can't do overnight, let alone in two months.

I think we really need to step back and think about all, or at least some, of the factors involved here.
    Last edited by drtywk; 05-29-13 at 14:47.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Giraldo could get to the bottom of this.
    You mean like this?

Owner/Instructor at Resolute Response

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Absolutely.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think we really need to step back and think about all, or at least some, of the factors involved here.
    Yep, they speak with forked tongue.

Feedback Score
    So what you are saying is that because Magpul has not made a large public announcement or completed their intended move, in 60 days no less, that it makes them less credible and that their threat was "loose." I am sure you have moved from an apartment, house or barracks room at one point in your life and should have some type of understanding about what all is involved, but have you ever moved a multi-million dollar company with over 200 full time employees, plus all of your infrastructure, all while drastically altering the business of all of your subcontractors? I'm sure you have not, so why does them not moving in a short amount of time make them less credible and their threat "loose"? They have stated that they are moving on numerous occasions and have already moved some of their manufacturing and that they will complete the move in the future. Uprooting 200 employees without disrupting their lives is kind of difficult and is something that you just can't do overnight, let alone in two months.

Statements were made that suggested immediate action. Folks I have talked are not believing anything is in the works. In other words no cost for the action. I understand the complexity involved, but I just want to be able to point those who were for such anti gun laws to some sign that the moves are real.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast