View Poll Results: Are we seeing too many polls here lately?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't really care much about polls.

7 30.43%
  • I don't really care much about polls, either.

16 69.57%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll Abuse

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Poll Abuse

Can something be done about the rash of polls showing up in the forums lately? I may be being unreasonable, but do we really need a poll to select one rifle or another, or what configuration of upper is our favorite? While it's easy to see how many voted for one or the other or which one out of fifteen, the results actually yield little information and don't really allow for another option, even one that might be better than the choices listed. Polls also don't tell us why a member made the choice they did.

If I'm unreasonable, just tell me and I'll try to find a way to deal with my irritation and try not to troll the polls.

Maybe I should start a poll to see how many members agree with me on this subject...
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I agree.

I was just thinking the same when the BCM Jack vs. KAC Mod1 showed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Poll Abuse

Use Tapatalk. You don't see any polls.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How about we take a poll to gauge how members feel about all the polls?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Kind of annoying but at least many of them are in gun related discussions as opposed to GD.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Poll threads are the new lube threads!
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by polymorpheous View Post
    Poll threads are the new lube threads!
    Nice..... Just tell Iraqgunz that and watch the earth get scorched

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Or we could all put our big boy pants on and not participate if we don't want to and just move on to the next thread that intrests us.

Just sayin.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have not participated in any of the poll threads and more specifically, I have not trolled any poll threads. I brought my concern here instead.

My knee jerk reaction is to call for a ban on polls, but when used to stimulate discussion, they are a good tool (the polls rob_s put up come to mind.) But simply to ask "which rifle should I buy?" or "who makes the best barrel?" becomes silly rather quickly and clutters the place up.

What I'd really like to discuss is how to guide folks to using polls sparingly and more effectively, something I didn't make very clear in my first post. That's what I get for ranting but it did help me vent and clear my head of the irritation from poll rash
    Last edited by MistWolf; 05-15-13 at 09:54.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    On this issue a poll would actually be somewhat informative. I am curious what percentage of members feel polls are a problem; mildly irritating; sometimes useful; or often worthwhile.

If it turned out that 98% like or love polls and you hate them, it's time to look up misanthrope in the dictionary. Conversely, investigate why you find time-wasting nonversation so rewarding.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast