Thread: Would the moderator please come forward

Feedback Score

Would the moderator please come forward

"wow what a great resource this website is. I learned alot by reading how and why to do most of this. Needless to say I'm busting the rifles out and making sure it was done right. I've seen a few Bushmasters fail because of improper staking. At the time I thought the screws just came loose and was not aware that staking was the problem."

A previous posting of mine was changed by a moderator on this site. What you read above is the changed text. While I cannot recall exactly what I posted I can say with 100% confidence that my post was drastically altered.
    I did not write this and would like to know who changed my words.
    I and everyone else that posts here should consider this a total breach of the trust that we place on the moderators that run this site. We all accept that when we post our opinion that it may not be popular, but that it is heard.

I'd like for the person that changed my post to come forward and explain their action since I was not notified in any way of any contradictions with forum rules and regulations.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You should be able to know which moderator changed the words, if indeed that did happen, because it will say so at the bottom of the post in itallics.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    OP, do you have a link to the thread containing this "modified post"?

This is the only thing that I have found that you have posted in reguards to Bushmaster and their staking (or lack thereof according to some):

Quote Originally Posted by mactastic View Post
    God damn I have to say that the big staking arguement is the dumbest one yet. Your a moron if you base a purchase solely on that.

Buy an automatic punch and stop whining. Sure I have personally seen Bushmasters shoot a bolt carrier loose because of improper staking. Take the 5 seconds and stake it, end of story.
    Participation Disclaimer
    M4 Carbine LLC does not and cannot review all communications and materials posted to or created by users accessing the site, and is not in any manner responsible for the content of these communications and materials. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to view and distribute user-generated content on the site, M4 Carbine LLC is merely acting as a passive conduit for such distribution and is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to any contents or activities on the site. However, M4 Carbine LLC reserves the right to block or remove communications or materials that it determines to be (a) abusive, defamatory, or obscene, (b) fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading, (c) in violation of a copyright, trademark or; other intellectual property right of another or (d) offensive or otherwise unacceptable to M4 Carbine LLC in its sole discretion.

This technically means that ANYTHING you post, can and will be blocked or removed. Editing the post I belive would fall under "removed" as long as it edited your message to remove part of the content but not alter its meaning.

Feedback Score
    Thanks WS6. haha yep, now THAT is a quote of mine. Note the very different language used. One is no bs, the other is written like a hippy posted it.

Naturally the moderators can change what they want. I have no arguements with that. I just don't think that your posts should be changed or removed without you being told. I never thought to go back and review every post I made to see that it stayed the same.

I'm done with this discussion.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm not sure why you decided to start a thread on this matter. Right there on your edited post it should have stated who edited it and why.

In addition I know you've been in contact with at least one moderator via PMs so I assume you now have a good understanding as to why some of your posts have been edited.