Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FULL: Vickers Tactical Pistol I - Introductory Level Class – Sept 6-7, 2008

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

FULL: Vickers Tactical Pistol I - Introductory Level Class – Sept 6-7, 2008

THIS CLASS IS FULL.

Vickers Tactical Pistol I - Introductory Level Class – Sept 6-7, 2008 – South Hill, Virginia.

Vickers Tactical website: www.Vickerstactical.com

Larry Vickers is a retired career special operations soldier with 20-plus years of service to our country. A longtime 1st SFOD- Delta operational member, he was a key player in the small arms marksmanship expertise and weapons selection of that Unit. He brings a very unique set of skills to the market, and has a wide and varied background in the firearms industry.

Select Special Operations , Military, and Law Enforcement Units seek him out on a regular basis for expert combat marksmanship training. Considered one of the best combat marksmanship instructors in the U.S, he has become one of the most sought after instructors in the Worldwide Special Operations community.

Pistol I - Introductory / Beginner Level
    For shooters who have not attended organized handgun training before or have only received minimal training. Topics covered include basic pistol topics and the following: malfunction drills, shooting on the move as well as strong hand and weak hand shooting. Introduction to timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level. Concealed carry methods are also covered. Night-fire will depend on time of year and range restrictions.

Primary Instructor: Larry Vickers

- Class dates: September 6-7, 2008

- Cost: $400

- Range facilities: Private range (Directions will be provided during class sign-up)

- Class size:

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

- Eye and Ear Protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
    - Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
    - Serviceable holster
    - Minimum 1 double magazine pouch
    - Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines (5 is better)
    - 1000 rounds of ammo
    - Suitable range wear depending on the season
    - Hand held flashlight and spare batteries
    - Weapon mounted white light - (optional)
    - Weapon mounted visible laser (Crimson Trace) – (optional)

***Vickers Tactical sponsors will be providing free give a ways that will be used as prizes during the class. ***

Please contact me at photaling10@verizon.net or M4carbine.net PM if you would like to attend.
    Last edited by VA_Dinger; 09-01-08 at 19:56.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    Is anyone registered for this class that hasn't done any training or competition before? Just trying to get a gauge of the shooters that'll be attending.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm in... PM sent VA_Dinger!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Is anyone registered for this class that hasn't done any training or competition before? Just trying to get a gauge of the shooters that'll be attending.
    So far it seems like a mix of Mil/LE shooters with very little handgun training, various civilians who have attended 0, 1 , or 2 classes (Most of it non-handgun), and a few who just want to start their Vickers Tactical training with the Level I class and build up to the more advanced classes.

Personally I think this class will help any level shooter get better.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger View Post
    Personally I think this class will help any level shooter get better.
    No truer words could be spoken. I was wondering the samething about other shooters in the SLC Utah class... LAV could make a Helen Keller into an awesome shot.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    In my opinion, everyone would benefit doing basic classess from time to time. It helps to review alot of things. Something some people think is beneath them.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    In my opinion, everyone would benefit doing basic classess from time to time. It helps to review alot of things. Something some people think is beneath them.
    Agree 100% - I would take this class if my schedule allowed for it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Dinger, put me down for this class. It will be my birthday present to myself.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Believe me, anyone can learn something in LAV's classes, no matter how basic. Just finished the 3-Day Pistol in Brady, TX today, great class. I just need to remember to "Simma Down" and practice my trigger control. Oh yeah the windows were tasty.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm in.

I've done some formal/informal training on all of the topics listed (civ.) ....but that doesn't mean I have any idea how Larry does it.

My goal is to gain more confidence in knowing that what I'm already doing, is what I should be doing...and/or to learn what I can do better/ differently.

The confidence that comes with training with someone of Larry's caliber, is well worth the premium. Even if I don't overhaul anything as a result of the course, it'll still be great. Whether I'm sucking it up and starting over from scratch...or shooting well, and confirming what I'm already doing...it'll be an awesome experience that I'm hoping to learn a lot from.

Fall can't come early enough for me now. I can't wait!

Edited to add: I'm really excited to put my shooting with Big Dot sights to the test, in this course. I've shot em out to 50 yards on steel, and made good hits....but I'm under the impression that I'm gonna have to rethink what "accurate" really means...and I'm excited to get this opportunity.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast