Thread: This Can't Be Right??

Feedback Score

This Can't Be Right??

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=341609738

In case this link doesn't work, there is a guy on Gunbroker selling a very nice M1A. But that isn't what caught my attention. Here is a quote from his description:

"This is a M1A built on pre 1983 Springfield rifle – i.e. it can be converted to full auto if you live in a class III state!!!"

I just want to make sure I'm not the one smoking crack before I send him a polite email suggesting he might want to amend this statement. I'm not missing something am I? If so I've got a nice Colt SP1 from 1979 that I'm gonna get crackin' on!

Be Safe!

Heavyweight

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Re: This Can't Be Right??

Prison rape anyone? 100% illegal.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Does it have to due with it being made before the 1986 ban?
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    It can only be converted by a 07-FFL 02-SOT and then it becomes a post sample that can only be transferred to another dealer with a law letter.
    Chris
    01FFL/03SOT
    Silent Precision, LLC
    silentprecision.com
    facebook.com/silentprecision

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    An aside: I wonder how many members know how simple the conversion of an issue M-14 to select fire is?

I was a company armorer (parts switcher really) in RVN with the only M-14A1 in my unit. One day I found a box of about 20 selector switches. Remove dummy plug and pin switch. One pin and it's done. My twenty closest buds found out why the pistol grip, folding foregrip and bipod were needed. After a few 20 rd bursts the stock would smoke and the A1's rubber bedding melt. With a standard stock it was a bucking beast best with 2-4 rd bursts.

Forgive the digression. It's kinda sorta related and I didn't think worthy of a separate post.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    I just want to make sure I'm not the one smoking crack before I send him a polite email suggesting he might want to amend this statement.
    Just leave it be.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For it to be a "transferable" machine gun to Joe Shmo civilian, it had to have been a registered machine gun prior to 1986. Since it wasn't, it can only be converted to full auto as described by ChrisCO.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Why waste time discussing gunbroker lunacy?

Let ARFcom take those big league topics and impress themselves with their great knowledge!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Why waste time discussing gunbroker lunacy?

Let ARFcom take those big league topics and impress themselves with their great knowledge!
    Agreed....but there was that really, really tiny hope that maybe I was the r-tard that had missed this obscure loop-hole (and all associated discussion of it) all these years.