Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2nd review of the Primary Weapons piston conversion

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    PWS classifies it as a short stroke piston as the piston is not connected to the op rod and hits a stop and vents excess gas while the op rod continues along with the carrier.

Feedback Score
    Ok, disregard previous inquiry, as I just checked again, and see that the rail used is a DD 9.5 Lite Rail.
    Didn't notice that before.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    here are a couple of pics to add to gotm4's (hope you don't mind).

Feedback Score
    Well guys,
    Not sure if has been mentioned before, but which system is this most similar to in the piston world? HK 416? LMT MRP? Bushmaster? POF? LWRC? Etc?

I'm assuming it is not possible to still use your standard FSB with this conversion, correct?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    i don't know, paul. can you describe how each of those operate and we'll see which one is most similar to the PWS?
    nope, you can't use your FSB.

Feedback Score
    Well I'm obviously not the one to ask that question, or I would not have inquired about the differences. Obviously I would know a little more, IF I owned any of the above gas piston rifles, which obviously I don't.
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Robb- Does this system require you to send your barrel/upper out for installation?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cataldo View Post
    Well guys,
    Not sure if has been mentioned before, but which system is this most similar to in the piston world? HK 416? LMT MRP? Bushmaster? POF? LWRC? Etc?

I'm assuming it is not possible to still use your standard FSB with this conversion, correct?
    Paul all of the systems are different. The HK & LWRC is very similar to each other (short through systems) where the op rod is returned forward again by a spring.. I'm not familiar with the LMT. The Bushmaster/POF/DSA is really the same thing (kind of like Ford/Lincoln/Mercury). The PWS is totally different than all other systems. The PWS is closest to an AK in the way it works.

Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    Robb- Does this system require you to send your barrel/upper out for installation?
    Yes Joe, it does. They need your entire bbl'd upper and if you want a rail you can either supply it or buy one from them (they carry Daniel Defense and LaRue).

In the future they'll have authorized installers that can sell and install the conversion kits.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is going to be very tempting considering I'm sending out the F4 for my G5 tomorrow...

But, by the time that's approved the money will have been spent on the ACR.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cataldo View Post
    Well I'm obviously not the one to ask that question, or I would not have inquired about the differences. Obviously I would know a little more, IF I owned any of the above gas piston rifles, which obviously I don't.
    Thanks.
    my mistake - i thought you were familiar with all of them already and just wondered how the PWS differed. dang, i was hoping to learn something

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast