Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trust for NON-NFA weapons

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Americans will never stand for that level of stupidity. As the Hussein administration is beginning to implode under the weight of its own corruption, I'd guess we're looking a a political shift in the other direction.
    Wrong. In California, this is what is in the legislature right now. The good people of West Hollywood and San Francisco have spoken!

My brother is a CA resident and on our NFA trust as a trustee. He has an appointment to talk to the trust attorney about adding his non-NFA guns to it because of probable CA laws.

Those dumbasses in the CA legislature will try anything - well anything except for respecting the Constitution.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I don't really consider the imbeciles in CA or NY Americans. Normal parts of the country won't have that bull shit at all.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Back to reality. Cost and complexity aside, if there are more protections afforded to me and my family by placing weapons in a trust, I think I would like to realize those protections.

This is not a cost/benefit analysis in the true sense. It's just to identify what kind of benefits can be realized by this maneuver
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Back to reality. Cost and complexity It's just to identify what kind of benefits can be realized by this maneuver
    For me it was the perpetuity, plus I can honestly tell anyone who asks (and that I want/have to answer) "I don't own any firearms."...because I don't (a Trust does and I just happen to be the beneficiary, but that wasn't the question ;-)

I achieve perpetuity because in my state of residence, a trust can 'own' another trust. That way, when my Revokable Living Trust trips to an Irrevocable Living Trust upon my demise, the language automatically adjusts to verbiage that works with and forces the next RLT in the never-ending cascade of RLTs naming my executor as trustee and beneficiary until the details of the NEXT domino in the cascade of evergreen RLT's gets figured out (or no one wants to be the beneficiary of a Trust that owns a bunch of worn-out relics of a former time and they either go to a museum or are to be destroyed).

So, even if the State decides scary-looking firearms can't be transferred upon the owner's death, they are unaffected as the Trust NEVER 'dies', it just gets endlessly adjusted to the facts on the ground at the time.

Miken

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Miken. thank you. that type of response is exactly what I was looking for
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123