Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your favorite core exercises for back pain

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Nice article there. "Bird dog" is the one I do that didn't know the name of. That and the plank have been my mainstays these last few years.
    My 7 iron is more accurate than my capabilities. Same with my AR.

Feedback Score
    I had some lower back pain a few years ago due to an SI joint problem where I would re-injure it every few weeks. I couldn't stand up straight, it would drop me to the floor on occasion, etc.

Starting with PT, I worked my way up to decline crunches w/weight, squats, and dead lifts. I also stretch 2x every day.

My back is stronger now than it's ever been and no pain in well over a year.

I'm stealing this from someone, but the idea is to make a back brace out of muscle. Worked for me.

Feedback Score

I am feeling back pain from the last few weeks.I am unable to get recovered from it.Thanks for sharing this important information.I will try this exercise.

About Concept Designs
    Last edited by anddrivall; 10-31-13 at 12:39.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Where is your back pain located? I always recommend pull-ups or lat pulldowns if you can't do a pull-up. When I do my pull-ups, I keep my legs straight out in front of me like I'm sitting on the ground. That seems to be all the core exercise that I need.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had two slipped discs and nothing made them better for almost four years. I finally went and got epidural injections to tame everything, followed by chiropractor every other week to keep things inline and regular yoga (2-3x a week) and core exercises, especially planks. No pain for over a year now.

If you get bored with regular planks, try varying them. Google the "5 minute plank" and see a n awesome core workout in 5 min that will burn you out

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak52580 View Post
    I had two slipped discs and nothing made them better for almost four years. I finally went and got epidural injections to tame everything, followed by chiropractor every other week to keep things inline and regular yoga (2-3x a week) and core exercises, especially planks. No pain for over a year now.

If you get bored with regular planks, try varying them. Google the "5 minute plank" and see a n awesome core workout in 5 min that will burn you out
    Any boredom with planks can be fixed with:

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Kettleball swings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12