Thread: What are some JHPs that your MC Operator likes?

Feedback Score

What are some JHPs that your MC Operator likes?

Hello all,
    I generally CCW a Glock 9mm of some variety (G26 or G19). I carry Win Ranger 147gr JHPs. (RA9T) Both of my 'carry' Glocks have been 100% reliable through many boxes of this stuff.

I've been carrying my MC Operator more and more lately. (Pretty much stock, with Guncrafter MSH and Wilson ETMs). For ammo, I currently use Fed Gold Match 230 FMJ. Not exactly an optimal performer when it comes to wound characteristics, I know, but it is 100% reliable for my setup.

So my plan is to buy a few hundred rounds of some decent .45 ACP JHP and try it out before swapping out the FMJ. In an effort to hedge my bets a bit and hopefully pick something that will reliably feed from the getgo: What JHPs have you had success with in your MC Operator? I am planning on just getting a bunch of RA45T and testing with that first, but I want to make sure there aren't a bunch of people have problems with that ammo/pistol combo first. Save me some money.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Remington Golden Sabers work in guns set up for FMJ. The bullet profile is similar to FMJs.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I used to carry 230gr+P Golden Sabers in my Springer Full-size "Loaded", until I recently switched to 230gr Federal HST +P. So far no problems at all, and the Federal is less expensive and has significantly less flash than the Golden Sabers I had.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I've been running Hydra shocks sp? through mine and it does very well.

Feedback Score
    All these .45 ACP loads work well from a functional and terminal effects standpoint:

Barnes XPB 185 gr JHP (copper bullet)
    Federal HST 230 gr +P JHP (P45HST1)
    Federal Tactical 230 gr JHP (LE45T1)
    Speer Gold Dot 230 gr JHP
    Winchester Ranger-T 230 gr JHP (RA45T)
    Winchester Ranger-T 230 gr +P JHP (RA45TP)