Thread: What Did You Grow Up With That Is Gone Forever...?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

The late 80s for me in a nutshell. Except I alternated between my Jam pants and my old man’s old jungle trousers. The old green poplins that felt like silk after a while.

All I cared about was skating, Nintendo, hair metal, and other stuff. It was a carefree time. I kinda blame gangster rap for the societal decline. One week the black kids are skating and blasting Prince and the next week they are wearing starter jackets and running their suck about guns they don’t have and the “West Side”

Oh yeah West Side Story. I saw that too.

It was pretty lame. Mumble rap lame.

I actually wanna get back into skating. I took one of my old boards out and went up and down the street a few times today. My trick days are behind me but it’s a liberating feeling
    I was skateboarding starting in the early 60's and finally gave it up after about 35 years off and on. We had hills too steep to go down from the top, but we tried anyway. Would be going faster than I could run, so when it started to wobble, would have to jump off and slide. The boards & wheels were tiny at first and gradually started getting bigger as time went along. This might be worth its own thread.

https://www.skatedeluxe.com/blog/en/...skateboarding/
    Last edited by Pi3; 12-13-19 at 09:58.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain