Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
I can speak only for myself here, as I'm not aware of any particularly recent staff discussion along those lines. Personally, if a guy only cares to populate GD, he's probably missing the whole point of this resource, but that (in and of itself) doesn't necessarily mean he's contributing to a problem, or that he should be rooted-out and discarded. The manner of conduct is still what we will tend to use as the GO/NO GO standard in those cases.

AC
I happen to be one of those guys. I don't contribute a great deal to the tech forums because in 99% of the cases somebody else already has. There isn't much point in me following a Larry Vickers answer, it's not like I'm going to add some great insight regarding a firearm, it's history or applications that didn't just get covered in great detail.

There have only been a few instances where I had very specific and unique knowledge (such as my posts on the first HK semi imports) where I had a reason to post in other forums. But that has been pretty much accomplished.

For the most part, when it comes to the rest of the forum, I read answers more than I answer questions and usually there isn't a lot of room for debate on most subjects. There are times when people ask personal preference questions regarding guns, gear and applications but being from an older class of shooter I don't know what the cool kids are doing these days so I try not to weigh in with "How cool I think the Beatles are."

Also I enjoy discussing firearms, gear and applications but there is more to life. And I find some of those other discussions far more interesting even if we don't all have a similar consensus like we might have on firearm related topics.

Now there are probably thousands of forums where one can discuss politics, beliefs and philosophies of life. But generally they are largely populated by people who I hold little respect or regard for so I have no interest in their answers on those given subjects. I'd actually be more willing to entertain their sling suggestions.

This forum however is populated by people who have experiences, life styles and outlooks that I do respect. So even if we don't share exactly the same beliefs on everything, they are the only people who I'd consider comparing ideas such as politics, beliefs and philosophies of life with. So long as everyone remembers to not take it personal if somebody believes otherwise it shouldn't be a problem.

I the time I've been here I have found there is only one person I cannot have reasoned and logical discussions with so I simply put that person on ignore. Problem solved.