Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Arguments, General Discussion, and a reminder about shooting

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Arguments, General Discussion, and a reminder about shooting

I've been trying to stay away from GD since I usually end up in a war with someone whose mind can't be changed and who also doesn't want to settle things via a postal match.

Anyway, I went shooting Saturday with a bunch of friends. It was GREAT. One friend is a forum member here and LE in a major US city. He and I have argued many times over different things (still do) but when we stepped up and shot at an 8" rock at 10 yards from concealment on a timer, it all went away (not that we weren't friends before). During moments like these, when you concentrating on squeezing out that last bit of accuracy, that draw that is 2/10s faster than your buddy (you hope); it's just you, the gun, the target, and the timer.

We were averaging well under 2 second times to first round hits and you'll see that an....intimidatingly fast friend of ours joined in and raised the bar. Also, I'm the guy with the gnarly right arm wearing the green t-shirt.

I strongly encourage the GD regulars to get out and shoot.

Video
    Last edited by Littlelebowski; 04-30-13 at 06:41.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Cool video. You guys are pretty damn close. Nice work!
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    We always need to remember that we gravitated to this site for the common interests of firearms, tactics, and equipment. That all seems to fall away sometimes and it makes me sad to see how we (as a collective membership) treat one another when there is a disagreement.

Excellent post and good reminder. Looks like a good time was had by all. Thanks for the breath of fresh air my friend.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    That guy in the blue is like Bob Munden...only less gaudy.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Your thread applies so well to forums in general.

Sage advice that many could benefit from.
    <------Be not affraid!

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    I've been trying to stay away from GD since I usually end up in a war with someone whose mind can't be changed and who also doesn't want to settle things via a postal match.
    So your intention here in GD is to change peoples minds? Not everyone comes here for a war. Lighten up a little dude.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by a1fabweld View Post
    So your intention here in GD is to change peoples minds? Not everyone comes here for a war. Lighten up a little dude.
    No, I don't think you got what I intended to impart. Let's try this:

• this is a shooting/gun forum
    • go out and shoot, it's fun
    • online arguments can be settled by face to face time AND shooting together

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    That guy in the blue is like Bob Munden...only less gaudy.
    Scary fast and accurate dude. He's getting ready to start instructing intermediate classes, highly recommended. He gave me some good tips on not bringing my pistol so high up in my workspace for reloads, therefore less wasted motions with the reload and he reminded me to press out after the reload instead of reloading and shooting straight out.

Feedback Score
    Look at all that brass- looks like fun. And a range where you can draw from concealment- nice.

Good sentiments, in a similar vein I like how you put in your quote so much that I put in my sig line below.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 04-30-13 at 08:32.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Cool to see forum members get together to shoot. I was part of a match with several members of another forum and even though we probably won't have another match anytime soon (we live so far apart) we still remain friendly. It's good you guys can put away your differences to have a good time. There's something about being face to face...even if people argue they can settle their differences or agree to disagree and that be the end of it.

Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast