Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Talking without counsel present

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Talking without counsel present

Law enforcement guys, if police wish to question someone about his involvement in a shooting, please comment on talking without counsel present. Never ok? Sometimes? If I had to shoot for my life, when police arrived, I think that I would give minimal info and then state in a courteous manner that I desired counsel present for further discussion.

What's the rule of thumb in such matters?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by williejc View Post
    Law enforcement guys, if police wish to question someone about his involvement in a shooting, please comment on talking without counsel present. Never ok? Sometimes? If I had to shoot for my life, when police arrived, I think that I would give minimal info and then state in a courteous manner that I desired counsel present for further discussion.

What's the rule of thumb in such matters?
    ANYTHING YOU SAY CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU . . .

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS . . . invoke your right to counsel pursuant to the 4th, 5th, and 6th Amendments to the Constitution.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 05-24-13 at 19:40.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    My lawyer is on this site. He shoots, competes and has trained with Vickers and Defoor. He has specifically told me to shut the **** up if I am involved in a defensive shooting.

He is also licensed to practice in three states around me

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never say a dang thing - ever. Most cops will understand, but definitely not all.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    My lawyer is on this site. He shoots, competes and has trained with Vickers and Defoor. He has specifically told me to shut the **** up if I am involved in a defensive shooting.

He is also licensed to practice in three states around me
    You have the right to remain silent. Once you ask for your council keep your mouth shut. Most people are going to want to talk. Don't talk. FOP tells us not to say much more than I saw a weapon and then I requested medics.
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)

Talking without counsel present

It's not to your benefit to talk without a legal expert there as a buffer who works for you.

You should also look up cases where interrogators get false confessions out of people. There's simply no reason to talk to them.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I've been told to request medical assistance, for yourself, immediately. You've gone through a very stressful, traumatic experience and should be thoroughly checked out prior to answering any questions, with your attorney present.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don't talk to the cops, with or without counsel.

If you don't have it, say nothing.

If you have counsel, let him or her do the talking.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My name is John Doe and I am having breathing issues, possible heart-attack, please secure me an ambulance. At the hospital contact your lawyer.
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 05-24-13 at 21:15.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Re: Talking without counsel present

Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    My name is John Doe and I am having breathing issues, possible heart-attack, please secure me an ambulance. At the hospital contact your lawyer.
    Lying is not something you want to do.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast