Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Civility (aka the "We Will Crush Your Balls" edict).

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidbattlecry View Post
    Does this go for senior members? I've been treated in a way that is not so great buy some senior members of this site.
    If anything, a join-date indicating 2 years or a post-count over 1k should indicate somebody that should know better.

Realistically, those things indicate LITTLE else than that. Anybody can hit a Submit button 16 times a day....

Report Post guarantees a review by staff. It may not net the response one WANTS, but it'll net the one it deserves within the context and the policies/practices of M4C.

Look at AC's "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly" sticky; we recognize that any member posting something like "You're stupid" is not constructive, whereas posting something like "What you're saying/thinking is stupid, and here's why..." IS often constructive, and that the butt-hurt comes from somebody that does not (or by nature, WILL not) recognize that the difference is more profound than mere semantics.

EDIT: Excuse me, morbid, that last was a generality, in case that wasn't clear. It wasn't meant to read like saying "You probably had it coming..."
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Re: Civility (aka the "We Will Crush Your Balls" edict).

Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    What got this thread cleaned up was AC getting justifiably frustrated with some dippo deliberately introducing a religious Less Filling/Tastes Great idiocy where it clearly didn't belong.

Report Post is the most underutilized direct-redress method on the forum. It's available to EVERYBODY, and takes either exactly as much or LESS time than it does to try and play vigilante or prove how clever a rejoinder one can conjure up (and probably make matters worse in the process).

No member will ever get dinged for "overuse" of it. Given our numbers, and the fact that the staff DOES have jobs, poopy diapers, hobbies, etc. to see to, "overuse" is a preposterous idea.

However, using the Comments portion of Report Post as one's personal soapbox to give the staff a ration of shit for the crime of not being in 16 places at once....?

Yeah, the problem'll still get looked at, but that'll get you told to GFY, if not squashed. There's more than one of you that can testify that I'll zap your ass for making THAT stupid move, even of some other staffer saw to the item we were being alerted over. "...but I was just FRUSTRATED....!" Great, you can be additionally frustrated over having been temp-banned for mistaking Report Post for our quarterly employee performance review, Mr. Jack Wagon Who's Not Our Boss.

Just point stuff out to us. We'll do the analysis. Giggity.
    Roger that. I'm sure AC was beyond as frustrated as most of us. I reported the dunce in question and the other guy in a pissing contest with him hoping it would add some weight to the infractions. Maybe some more finally started reporting also since we may be at the tipping point of GD going away.
    Some people should be ashamed the way they acted in a thread that was meant to point out the idiocy of such preachy, snarky, and belittling behavior. I never like to be the snitch but when the behavior gets beyond ridiculous I don't care anymore. GD has helped more than hurt me so I may be a little biased
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

Report Post is the most underutilized direct-redress method on the forum. It's available to EVERYBODY, and takes either exactly as much or LESS time than it does to try and play vigilante or prove how clever a rejoinder one can conjure up (and probably make matters worse in the process).
    While it took me almost 5 years to finally, ahem, pull the trigger on it, the SECOND least utilized button, might well be the "Edit Ignore List" button (Click "User CP" to the far left-hand side of the command bar - third grouping down on the left-hand side - "Settings & Options" - bottom [5th] choice there - type in the name of the offender, and make their 'offensiveness' disappear from EVERY thread!).

I've been loathe to use it lo' these many years, because EVERYBODY here knows more than I do about firearms and related miscellany, but when the signal to noise ratio gets a bit much, it IS a useful last resort.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    May I be frank for a moment? If this post is out of line then please delete it and warn me.

How many temp bans does it take to be banned permanently from the site? I'm honestly asking the question and don't mean this accusatory whatsoever.
    Last edited by JSantoro; 05-27-13 at 11:12. Reason: Let's leave individuals out if it.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    We give out a hard number, somebody will take that as "I have X opportunities to be an utter dickhead before I'm completely shut down."

I'd rather it be a "supplies."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB2GboGOuTI

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Re: Civility (aka the "We Will Crush Your Balls" edict).

We give out a hard number, somebody will take that as "I have X opportunities to be an utter dickhead before I'm completely shut down."

Omg. Where is that from?
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Weird Al movie called "UHF."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I wish you and the other Mods/Staff/Admin, "Rots of Ruck"!!!

Feedback Score
    Weird Al movie called "UHF."
    I thought that was from Gung Ho.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091159/

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    I wish you and the other Mods/Staff/Admin, "Rots of Ruck"!!!
    If they weren't drinkers before, I'll bet they cracked the bottle this weekend... holy cow...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast