Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Civility (aka the "We Will Crush Your Balls" edict).

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    If they weren't drinkers before, I'll bet they cracked the bottle this weekend... holy cow...
    No joke. I've been in and out over the weekend, and haven't posted much, but just wow. Was it a full moon or something?

Feel for you mods...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    No joke. I've been in and out over the weekend, and haven't posted much, but just wow. Was it a full moon or something?

Feel for you mods...
    You know... now that you mention it, it was.... I think it was some sort of special full moon as well,,, closest to the earth or something...

Maybe that's what happened....

Feedback Score
    Everywhere I go, it seems people bitch about how General Discussion poisons the entire board, etc.

Trouble is, no matter the main topic, you can't discuss guns/cars/hats/whatever all the time. GD becomes like the electronic pub where you can bitch about everything.

I know some boards have an unmoderated forum for pissing contests and what-have-you, while keeping GD civil and clean.

Maybe there needs to be a "basement" for hurling invectives (love that phrase ).

Just a thought.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Report Post is the most underutilized direct-redress method on the forum. It's available to EVERYBODY, and takes either exactly as much or LESS time than it does to try and play vigilante or prove how clever a rejoinder one can conjure up (and probably make matters worse in the process).
    I find it philisophically repulsive. I only did it one time when some goofball claimed to have purchased a full auto Colt at Walmart.

I much more respect someone who will take an issue with me directly that someone who hits the rat face button. Are we men or bitches?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Yep, there are plenty of people I disagree with. And I can go 8 or 9 pages disagreeing with them. But while I don't share all their views, I really don't have a problem with them.
    I feel like you're talking about me, and movies.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    I had someone tell me that "I did not know sh*t" and was "totally clueless" in one thread.

A person I had zero prior dealings with...nor was my post meant to incite anyone.

Instead of arguing back and forth and calling names...I just dropped out of the thread.

There is no reason to argue with someone that insults people they do not even know nor have they ever conversed with in any threads.

Some people were just not raised right.

Since they are not my children...it is not my place to try to teach them manners.

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Civility (aka the "We Will Crush Your Balls" edict).

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    II much more respect someone who will take an issue with me directly that someone who hits the rat face button.
    True enough, but you have to keep in mind that many battles you encounter here may not happen to involve you personally. Third-party reporting is actually a very effective means of letting the staff know that a storm front is sitting atop a particular thread, and that it needs to be addressed -- without respect for who is or is not actually engaged in the fight.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    -- without respect for who is or is not actually engaged in the fight.

AC
    I'll fight those little rats too!

Nah... I don't see 1/10th the problems here that ARF has. The GD here does cause people to lose their minds for whatever reason.

I only go in there when the actual GUN TALK is really slow.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    What goes on here will NEVER come close to topping Glock Talk.

For a real lesson in how some adults never learned manners or grammar...one needs only to visit that forum! LOL

-brickboy240

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456