Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just finished SPR/Recce... LOVE IT! Pics

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Re: Just finished SPR/Recce... LOVE IT! Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Definitely not an issue. The PST series has adjustable zero stop.
    That's besides the point. You're moving through the woods, a branch or your gear hits your turrets and adjusts them. You see your target, be it a deer or boar or something with fewer legs, and pull your rifle up to take the shot.

One if two things happens. 1) you miss because your turrets were changed and you didn't notice, scaring away the target. 2) you notice your zero moved and fix it. Fixing it takes time and makes noise, which depending on distance doesn't matter. You could also theoretically see how much you are off then hold over I guess. But I'd rather not have that problem, personally. Especially if you only have a second or two to take a shot.
    Last edited by Koshinn; 05-28-13 at 13:18.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    That's besides the point. You're moving through the woods, a branch or your gear hits your turrets and adjusts them. You see your target, be it a deer or boar or something with fewer legs, and pull your rifle up to take the shot.

One if two things happens. 1) you miss because your turrets were changed and you didn't notice, scaring away the target. 2) you notice your zero moved and fix it. Fixing it takes time and makes noise, which depending on distance doesn't matter. You could also theoretically see how much you are off then hold over I guess. But I'd rather not have that problem, personally. Especially if you only have a second or two to take a shot.
    I guess I've never had that issue. With zero stop you can even get in the habit of randomly turning to the left if you feel like it's moved. The PST turrets aren't what I would consider loose or likely to spin accidentally but sure it's possible.

There is also the fiber optic at the top of the Vortex turret that quickly shows you if it's been turned or is not at zero.

Feedback Score
    Great build Noodles! I love it when you think up your own deal and it sounds good on paper and actually performs as it was told on paper! Good for you!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Holiday View Post
    Great build Noodles! I love it when you think up your own deal and it sounds good on paper and actually performs as it was told on paper! Good for you!

Thanks Doc! I'm thrilled so far. I'd take it out this weekend, but I have a couple yard projects to do. I'll update when I get to that. I also have the SSA-E that should be here Monday.

I decided to take this as my backup to a carbine course. I'll pull the bipod off of it but leave the scope. That will give me some time on the angled irons I have coming in and I'll heat this bastard up and see about the POI shift and then after that a good cold bore POI.

Feedback Score
    Right on. How do you like your compensator? I have been shopping around for awhile trying to do my own "do-dilligence" on which one is best. Right now, I'm running a triple port muzzle break and it's just too much. The gases go everywhere and smack people and the noise is horrible (obviously). So how is yours? Recoil wise, sound wise, and flash wise?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Holiday View Post
    Right on. How do you like your compensator? I have been shopping around for awhile trying to do my own "do-dilligence" on which one is best. Right now, I'm running a triple port muzzle break and it's just too much. The gases go everywhere and smack people and the noise is horrible (obviously). So how is yours? Recoil wise, sound wise, and flash wise?
    That's the surefire flash hider on there. Which is a REALLY great flash hider, but does nothing for comp.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGKVzHCpBZA

I plan on putting sf socom brake on there but they out of stock everywhere. This gun in particular is going to be 80% suppressed at least, see the video for flash reduction (and recoil reduction) with the can too.

I'm big into the suppressors, so I'm not sure about anything on the market that isn't also a can mount

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post

Has this ever actually happened to you?

I've not used this particular scope, but I've found that with my S&B and NF scopes, they don't easily turn by "bumping something" random on the woods. I've in my life had one issue with not having the turret where I thought it was. It was at a match and about ten people finger-****ed my rifle wanting to look through the new scope or get behind the new chassis. It was my fault for not checking, but somebody definitely turned the windage.

Feedback Score
    Nice rig noodles. I think I am sold on getting the NSR rail. I would like a similar set up and good shooting.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SURVIVORTYPE View Post
    Nice rig noodles. I think I am sold on getting the NSR rail. I would like a similar set up and good shooting.
    I have a precision rifle class coming up in July. This is my primary. Hopefully I'll have some time on 600y before I get there, but definitely will have after.

I have a lot of work to do! Need to re-center the scope, loctite everything, paint mark the screws, make a kit with all the correct tools for that gun, etc.

Also need a way to carry some more mags... That's going to be a pain.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thumbs up

gorgeous!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast