Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Conclusion: POF versus LWRC - help me decide

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

The Conclusion: POF versus LWRC - help me decide

Was at my LGS today looking for a 7.62 AR. I really want an LWRC but thought I would check out what was available locally. LGS had a POF that was priced $400-$600 less than an LWRC. The LGS owner told me the piston system is exactly the same in both guns. He indicated both (as well as LMT) shoot 1/2 MOA out of the box, so why pay more for the LWRC? I know absolutely nothing about POF so was hoping to get some feedback and opinions from the members of this forum. Is there $400-$600 worth of advantage built into the LWRC as compared to the POF?
    Last edited by omega21; 06-11-13 at 21:57.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Neither. S&W M&P .308.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Neither. S&W M&P .308.
    why? Price?

Feedback Score
    All POF-USA firearms have a 100% satisfaction guarantee and have a 3-year limited warranty from the date of purchase.

LWRCI™ products are warranted to be free from defective materials and workmanship FOR LIFE of the original purchaser.

Hope that narrows it down for you.

I personally like the companies that say, 'As long as you live, I got your six.'

but...you should see if you can have 'them' install a Geissele or something else in there if you're going to throw that kinda cash around. I don't know if 'aftermarket' triggers voids the warranty. Cause if you have to take their nickel Teflon Enhanced Fire Control Group...I'd hate to be stuck with that for life....or it will eventually break in and feel nice after a few thousand or so...up to you.
    Last edited by SCatalyst; 05-24-13 at 21:36. Reason: but...
    D.U.S.T.O.F.F.

Feedback Score
    or you could be patient and order a CRL-16 for a price a little north of 2 stacks, and it comes with a 3.5# Geissele. Not sure about the warranty though.
    D.U.S.T.O.F.F.

Feedback Score
    POF. Accurate and light.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    SCatalyst, your comments about the factory triggers: Same for both brands or were you referring to the POF. As for the Colt CRL, I really can't wait. Maryland has an AWB that will ban all ARs (except HBAR config.) and copys in Oct of this year. So ARs are "get what you can find" in MD right now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What is your price range and what are your accuracy expectations?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omega21 View Post
    SCatalyst, your comments about the factory triggers: Same for both brands or were you referring to the POF.
    I was referring the the LWRC since they have a stronger warranty. I think you can install whatever trigger you like and it won't void the warranty, but they'll only warranty their products (makes sense). Even if you do the trigger swap, they'll back you, I'm sure you wouldn't be the first. My experience with LWRC customer service has been awesome. If you have any issues, they even have their own forum (snobs). Some folks on this forum believes LWRC staff eats babies.

But FWIW, out of all the warranties all my firearms have, I have always taken care of it myself anyway or my local smith sorts me out. But it's just nice to know that if something irregular happens to the rifle in 2020, I can still call LWRC.

If you eventually want a longer barrel for distance work the POF 20" upper is $400 cheaper than the LWRC.
    The side charging handle on the REPR is nice though.

Whatever you choose, both are winners. Sorry I'm ranting, I've just been shopping and weighing out these options for myself for a while now. I'm jealous of your choice dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by omega21 View Post
    So ARs are "get what you can find" in MD right now.
    That's unfortunate...Fight the good fight brother.
    D.U.S.T.O.F.F.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    This comment makes no sense. Barrel length matters very little and a 16" or 18" barrel would be every bit as accurate and the loss of Mv wouldn't be that great.

Having said that I would go with an LMT MWS or SCAR 17 before either of the junkers you listed.

Quote Originally Posted by SCatalyst View Post
    I was referring the the LWRC since they have a stronger warranty. I think you can install whatever trigger you like and it won't void the warranty, but they'll only warranty their products (makes sense). Even if you do the trigger swap, they'll back you, I'm sure you wouldn't be the first. My experience with LWRC customer service has been awesome. If you have any issues, they even have their own forum (snobs). Some folks on this forum believes LWRC staff eats babies.

But FWIW, out of all the warranties all my firearms have, I have always taken care of it myself anyway or my local smith sorts me out. But it's just nice to know that if something irregular happens to the rifle in 2020, I can still call LWRC.

If you eventually want a longer barrel for distance work the POF 20" upper is $400 cheaper than the LWRC.
    The side charging handle on the REPR is nice though.

Whatever you choose, both are winners. Sorry I'm ranting, I've just been shopping and weighing out these options for myself for a while now. I'm jealous of your choice dilemma.

That's unfortunate...Fight the good fight brother.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast