Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I nuts for considering this???

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)

Question Am I nuts for considering this???

Okay, I considering selling my Wilson CQB and buying three GLOCK 19s. I had been carrying my CQB as my primary CCW, but even I tire of carrying 40+ oz on my hip daily. Also, the price of 45 ACP is twice that of 9mm and training on a 1911 is expensive. Then there is the ease of concealing a G19 as well as the higher capacity magazines.

I'm considering three because I have two boys and figure I could give them each one when they come of age. Until then, I have a back-up G19 if my primary one goes down for maintenance (not very likely ) or is involved in a self-defense shooting.

Well, is this a crazy idea to get out of my CQB and go over to combat tupperware? Is buying extra G19s for my boys foolishness?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think its nuts because you won't like the Glock 19 nearly as much as you will the Wilson.

I agree with having more than one gun in each category. But I don't think that means that you have to have several of the same exact model.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Why don't you buy a Glock 19, an M&P9 and then see which one you like best and then take a three day tactical pistol class!

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    I've thought about just adding the G19 as a summer carry and keeping my CQB for the range and occassional winter carry. I tell you what, I took LAV's pistol class and I was constantly changing magazines and paid twice as much for ammo as everyone else with their 9mm's.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Personally, I would hurry up and buy a M&P while they have the rebate and 2 additional mag offer. (ends April 30th).

Then I would decide what to do (you might want to buy 2 more before the end of the month!)

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    3 Glock 19s or M&Ps would be a damn good choice IMHO..........but who the hell am I to say?
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBody View Post
    Okay, I considering selling my Wilson CQB and buying three GLOCK 19s. I had been carrying my CQB as my primary CCW, but even I tire of carrying 40+ oz on my hip daily. Also, the price of 45 ACP is twice that of 9mm and training on a 1911 is expensive. Then there is the ease of concealing a G19 as well as the higher capacity magazines.

I'm considering three because I have two boys and figure I could give them each one when they come of age. Until then, I have a back-up G19 if my primary one goes down for maintenance (not very likely ) or is involved in a self-defense shooting.

Well, is this a crazy idea to get out of my CQB and go over to combat tupperware? Is buying extra G19s for my boys foolishness?
    I went through the same crisis of faith you did...love my high dollar 1911s...its a PITA to carry a huge 1911 though...and the cost comparison isnt even close....so I went to a G36 which I really liked...but my wife didnt...so now im at a G26...its about as perfect as you can get...small, controllable, accurate...simple...cheap to shoot...

I've had G19s and G17s and will be getting another (probably the 17)....

you should get a G34, G19 and G26....one for all occassions and you may still have money left over

ToddG Guest
    NoBody -- What is your experience with the G19? Have you been happy with it? Shot it well?

Deep down inside, would you feel confident carrying one every day instead of a Wilson .45?

Do you shoot enough in a year that the ammunition savings is going to make a difference in your practice or personal finances?

If you do decide to drop the Wilson in favor of something lighter in 9mm, have you considered other options (M&P, HK, etc)?

Do you need to buy 3? One (or two) plus some ammo, new holster(s), and/or a class would probably leave you farther ahead of the curve.

Personally, I would choose a lightweight compact high-capacity 9mm any day over a 1911, but I'm not a 1911 guy. Some 1911 guys are happy to change and adapt, while others are never truly satisfied with anything else. Neither of your options is the wrong one, and only you can figure out which is the best one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I knew a guy that swapped two Les Baer Thunder Ranches for two Glock 19s and two S&W 642s. Sounded like a good battery to me to have for self defense. He liked having two of each for "back ups" like was mentioned above.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Just me being riased on old military weapons I would never get rid of a 1911. But I also dont carry daily. I would say pick up a glock and try it out for a few months, the value of the Wilson will never go down so there's no rush.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast