Thread: PWS MK 216 or 218

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

PWS MK 216 or 218

Still mulling over my choices for a new 308. I have the PWS MK114 and that gun has been great. Runs very clean and is nice and accurate. Does anyone have any info on the MK 216 or 218. I am very interested, however, there is very little info on this rifle.

Feedback Score
    14 (94%)
    They just came out with new MOD 1's. they seem very nice and have rounded out some nice features: key mod free float rail. Taken a pound of weight off. Regulating gas block incase you want to run suppressed. On the other hand, there almost no long term feedback out on the mod 1's.
    Last edited by Amur; 06-02-13 at 19:32.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Looks very nice:

http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/v...&idcategory=46

Does anyone have these in stock, or do you order through PWS and wait 9 months?

Feedback Score
    There's an Idaho gun shop called Red's Trading Post that is always worth a look if you're shopping for PWS stuff. Check with them, maybe? And post a review once you've been shooting it awhile!
    The closest I get to being an operator is dialing "0".

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Here's a good review on the mod0, but I bet the mod1 would be all this plus a whole chicken...

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers...pws-mk214.html

Let us know how it goes... I have a mk110 and have been eying the mk214...

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread; is there any updates on the MK 2xx? Anyone have any longer term reports on them? How do you say they hold up to an MWS, SR-25, SCAR 17?

I've been thinking of getting the MK 2xx complete lower to hold on to; are these compatible with SR-25/MWS pattern uppers? I remember a while back reading that they weren't, but now I can't find the post to double check

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread; is there any updates on the MK 2xx? Anyone have any longer term reports on them? How do you say they hold up to an MWS, SR-25, SCAR 17?

I've been thinking of getting the MK 2xx complete lower to hold on to; are these compatible with SR-25/MWS pattern uppers? I remember a while back reading that they weren't, but now I can't find the post to double check
    I'm still enjoying my MK216. Had to deal with PWS CS this summer because in 100deg weather FGMM 7.62x51 was too hot for it and broke the firing pin retaining pin due to punctured primers (there's a thread in the bolt action sub-forum about this round being fairly hot, I wish I had known earlier.). PWS was super easy to deal with, paid shipping both ways, kept me updated with the level of details I was looking for (without me asking), replaced all affected parts with new updated parts (bolt, firing pin, cam pin, and firing pin retaining pin), and gave me a new case.

I haven't been able to produce as good groups with my MWS as my MK216, but I don't think I've shot it enough to have learned it as well.

I still feel the same way about the MK216 vs MWS handling-wise. The MK216 is lighter and handles much better. I did swap out the receiver extension on the MK216 for a VLTOR A5 7-position tube to give me some shorter LOP options.

Then new forged receivers look cool and I'm sure the weight savings are appreciated.

The MK216 uses an LR308 pattern receiver, while the MWS is SR-25 pattern. Also, I've found that while the lower can accept LR308 uppers, the MK216 upper may not fit on all LR308 lowers (I've tried multiple) due to the take down and pivot pin ears being a bit wider.
    Last edited by Plasman; 10-06-14 at 12:07.