Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Current state of DSA SA58/FALs?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchen986 View Post
    OP: If you're dead set on a FAL, get the full stock version. I enjoy the full stock much more than the para.
    Shoot both then decide. I enjoy folding stocks so much more on FAL's.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OP,

I would also like to throw in the suggestion to see if you can pick up an older DSA STG-58. At least then you know it was built with original Steyer parts, on DSA's receiver. The STG-58 used to be found for a bargain. Although things on that front have most likely changed.

I recently got to shoot about 20 rounds through a slightly modified Scar H that belonged to a visiting FN Rep. After shooting it I am not sure I would drop $2700 to own one, since I already own an Para 16" STG-58. Beyond the lighter weight and improved iron sights, I really couldn't see the major benefit of spending the extra money even with the "PO-lice" discount. Mind you I have had my FAL before the Scar L/H even existed........

I'm sure that ultimately the Scar H is a "better" all around rifle and a more accurate beast, but personally, that's not what I wanted the FAL for anyway. I made my choice to buy the FAL because I wanted a tried and true .308 battle rifle. The FAL, G3, and M1A were my choices at the time. I have never regretted owning my FAL, and probably will never let it go.

That's my 2 cents. As previously stated, YMMV. Here is a pic of mine for your viewing pleasure! My FAL does sport DSA's top rail and quad rail cheese grater.

Last edited by Slvr Surfr; 06-06-13 at 15:22.
    Life's a risk, enjoy the adventure - HOPLOETHOS

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Don't see much on 7.62mm rifles any more (probably with good reason), but I find myself asking (almost exactly five years later)...

Are DSA SA58 FALs any good in 2018?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    I would opt for an original Imbel receiver with an Imbel kit. These would be far better than a DSA and likely cost about the same.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345