Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Red Dot vs. Bead vs. Ghost Ring, what is the consensus?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    It is a burris FastFire II. I drilled and tapped the receiver, removed the picatinny clamp from the mount and drilled holes in the bottom. It took a little time but fits perfectly with a great co-witness. The only con is that I will have to remove the sight to replace the battery and then obviously have to re-zero.
    I bought a burris XTR 1-4x24 and the FastFire came with it. I did not like the piggyback set up so I decided to use the FastFire for the shotgun. I love this set up. Not too heavy and I can run it pretty fast.
    Ahhh. Maybe not for me. I dont have the tools or the know-how for that. Thanks man.

Paul

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Partridge -

Have you ever seen one of these:

http://www.burrisoptics.com/speedbead.html

Thats very interesting. Good prices too. It doesnt look like they make it for Mossbergs though.

Thanks.

Paul

Feedback Score
    Nothing special on mine, just a Mossberg SPX with fiber-optic front sight and a Bushnell TRS-25 mounted just in front of the rear peep.

I keep an eye on the front fiber while mounting and when my cheek hits the stock the red dot co-witnesses with the front sight. In the dark (which is just about half of the day), the fiber-optic is useless and the TRS really begins to shine.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Picked up this gun this week.

It has that nice big dot.
    http://parrotheadjeff.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Shooter-Jack-rkba.gif

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks fellas, particularly to the SME's who responded, I will be adding Aimpoint micros to my 590 & 500 Mossies in the near future.

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    I have an XS Big Dot on my 870 as well.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B215R View Post
    More shots of this gun?
    A few more showing the front bead and light set up. I plan on picking up an Inforce light and keep it permanently mounted on the SG (the X300 is currently switched around between the 1187, a Glock17 and my AR).

CDM BMT mount with 6-slot rail. I now have the light mounted on the left side, which I find much easier to activate with my thumb;

The X300 mounted. When illuminating targets outdoors or in open indoor areas, the light also illuminates the bead making it glow, so it's very easy to pick up. Indoors in tight quarters, where a lot of the light is reflected back, the bead appears black against the brightly-lit target. In either case, getting the bead on-target is quick and easy;
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    I prefer good ol iron sights on my shotguns....I feel I can get/focus on target faster with them............

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678