Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Il Carry Conceal bill on floor for vote now.

Feedback Score
    does anyone have a link to the actual text of this bill? when i search for HB 183 all i get is 4 pages about electronic transfer terminals....

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunrunner505 View Post
    does anyone have a link to the actual text of this bill? when i search for HB 183 all i get is 4 pages about electronic transfer terminals....
    http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/98/H...0183sam005.pdf

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamGrazzi View Post
    • Special exemptions and permission for Chicago allowing them to deny a CCP holder to carry in the city.
    • You can basically carry at the grocery store (providing they allow it) and that is about it.
    • No longer able to carry on public transportation, where it is needed most.
    • Looks like they took out the responsibility if a business doesn't allow you to carry and something happens.
    • They changed the training requirement for Military.
    • They raised the price by $50.

This is just after a quick look I am sure there is more.
    I think you need to read the bill again. I think your point about Chicago is invalid.
    This bill invalidates CFP for CCW license holders in Chicago in regards to handguns.
    Military get 8 hrs. credit toward the 16 hour mandated training.
    (i) The Department shall accept 8 hours of training as
    completed toward the 16 hour training requirement under this
    Section, if the applicant is an active, retired, or honorably
    discharged member of the United States Armed Forces
    Maybe you mean that military should get a free ride with no training?
    If so it's probably best that I keep my thoughts to myself on that matter.

All of the parts of the bill that I don't like can be directly traced to Chicago politicians fighting this tooth and nail. Downstate pushed this bill and got all they could. I can sum up my thoughts about chicago best by copy pasting a post I made on ILcarry the other day after we were inundated with new posters bitching about the public transit deal.

If not for downstate legislators we would have no chance for any carry bill,and would also have a semi auto ban, a mag capacity ban, and no telling what number of limits on our constitutional freedom.

Now Chicago people are screaming because downstate legislators have "caved" on public transit.

I would suggest that Chicagoans spend their time trying to elect people who would protect their rights instead of infringe them, and not spend their time throwing blame at the downstate legislators who are trying to protect their rights best as they can.

You elect these people so either do something about it or live with it. Those of us in the rest of the state have been having to live with it for a long time because of Chicago.

Feedback Score

Re: Il Carry Conceal bill on floor for vote now.

If I read this correctly, the Cook County AWB just got voided?

Not happy with the laundry list if places you can't carry but for Illinois, this is at least a start.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunrunner505 View Post
    If I read this correctly, the Cook County AWB just got voided?

Not happy with the laundry list if places you can't carry but for Illinois, this is at least a start.

No, just regulations in regards to pistols if you have a carry permit.

The old bill that the senate wouldn't let come to a vote would have voided the chicago awb.

Feedback Score

Re: Il Carry Conceal bill on floor for vote now.

Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    No, just regulations in regards to pistols if you have a carry permit.

The old bill that the senate wouldn't let come to a vote would have voided the chicago awb.
    Right. The deal was Chicago can keep theirs but I think the cook county one goes away no?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    I think you need to read the bill again. I think your point about Chicago is invalid.
    This bill invalidates CFP for CCW license holders in Chicago in regards to handguns.
    Military get 8 hrs. credit toward the 16 hour mandated training.

Maybe you mean that military should get a free ride with no training?
    If so it's probably best that I keep my thoughts to myself on that matter.

All of the parts of the bill that I don't like can be directly traced to Chicago politicians fighting this tooth and nail. Downstate pushed this bill and got all they could. I can sum up my thoughts about chicago best by copy pasting a post I made on ILcarry the other day after we were inundated with new posters bitching about the public transit deal.
    According to the bill Section 1-20 it states that a license is not valid in the city of Chicago unless you get a special endorsement from the City of Chicago. Therefore if the Superintendent doesn't grant you this endorsement you may still have a CCP to carry in IL, but not be allowed to carry in the city of Chicago.

HB997 had Soldiers with a Combat arms MOS only needing to do the range portion of the "training" so yes I think that Combat arms MOS's should in your words "get a free ride with no training" as we get a lot of training through the military already.

If you are okay with the no public transportation deal then you must not ever go to Chicago then, because for those of us who venture in and use public transportation or live in Chicago and use it know that that is one of place it is REALLY needed!

I also don't understand how it is legal for Maddigan (think that is how it is spelled) to just not allow a bill (HB997) to go up for a vote. He specifically blocked the bill from coming to the floor for a vote.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    According to the bill Section 1-20 it states that a license is not valid in the city of Chicago unless you get a special endorsement from the City of Chicago. Therefore if the Superintendent doesn't grant you this endorsement you may still have a CCP to carry in IL, but not be allowed to carry in the city of Chicago.

HB997 had Soldiers with a Combat arms MOS only needing to do the range portion of the "training" so yes I think that Combat arms MOS's should in your words "get a free ride with no training" as we get a lot of training through the military already.

If you are okay with the no public transportation deal then you must not ever go to Chicago then, because for those of us who venture in and use public transportation or live in Chicago and use it know that that is one of place it is REALLY needed!

I also don't understand how it is legal for Maddigan (think that is how it is spelled) to just not allow a bill (HB997) to go up for a vote. He specifically blocked the bill from coming to the floor for a vote.
    You're looking at the wrong bill.

Feedback Score
    How am I reading the wrong bill? Which part are you referring to as me reading the wrong bill?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    How am I reading the wrong bill? Which part are you referring to as me reading the wrong bill?
    This is the bill.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/98/H...0183sam005.pdf

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast