Thread: Glock 17 1884 rounds later

Feedback Score
    1 (57%)

Glock 17 1884 rounds later

Well took my g17 out again tonight and shot another 250 rounds through it with out an issue! I know under 2000 rounds is not that big of a deal but I have had it exactly a month now and Im very impressed with the G17. The only issue I have had is a stovepipe jam at about 517 or 518. Im almost 100% sure it wasnt a gun malfunctio considering it was the first mag of the day and it was out of the G18 mag so Im thinking it was the 33 rd mag or a light round! A couple of things that bothered me about the pistol were the trigger pull (Especially when shooting 500 rounds in one session) and the horrible sights that they come with! I decided to order some sights and decided on the truGlo sights which have improved my shooting alot! Next I went to a gun show and bought one of the lone wolf 3.5# bars and and extended mag release. Its amazing how much those little things can improve your shooting that much and not have to worry about affecting the reliability. I've decided to use this gun at my IDPA match this weekend to see how she does!

Feedback Score
    I had my G17 for 5 years and didnt even have 1000 rounds through it before I traded it off. I guess that shows how much I shoot .

Keep on shooting man

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I had one stove pipe early on with my G17 as well but since then it's been flawless for thousands of rounds. It new so give it a bit of time. However, in this case I believe it was your 33 round magazine. I haven't found them to be very reliable. I haven't had any issues with the 31 rounders but for some reason (spring length?) the +2 extension makes them go downhill.

Let me know what you think of the Lone Wolf connector. I have one but I haven't used it yet. I do like the OEM connector and will have to try the LW one eventually. You need to ditch the OEM extended mag catch and try the Vickers one; it's perfection

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    M4arc,

The LW 3.5 connectors that I have used in my Glocks and others have been working great. No problems yet. On some guns the LW connectors work better, but on others the Ghost 3.5s work better.

Feedback Score
    1 (57%)
    I ended up taking my plus 2's off of my G18 mags and used both of them twice and they worked perfectly. I hate the OEM mag release Its rough on on my finger and it does not fit in my Infidel holster very well with it on, but it does get the mag out better then the stock one so I'm going to use it this weekend at my match. I've heard good things about the vickers mag release whats the best place to order them? The Wolf trigger is a lot better then the OEM 3.5#. I had one of the 3.5 OEM on my G22 about a year ago and really couldnt tell that much of a difference between the 3.5 and the 5.5, with the wolf you can tell the difference.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Better how? Lighter? Crisper? Less take up or overtravel?

I have been considering picking up a G17. I have a 27 and carried a 22 on duty for several years. I shoot Glocks fine and the 5.5# pull weight isn't really an issue for me, but would like something a little less mushy with shorter take up, over travel and reset.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    1 (57%)
    Lighter pull and a little crisper! Now dont get me wrong its not a custom trigger job its just better then the OEM 3.5#bar. Its still kind of mushy but its still better then stock!

Feedback Score
    1 (57%)
    Had my IDPA match today and I useing the G17 and everything went well, shot good and no malfunctions. This was my first time to shoot IDPA(I used to shoot USPSA) and I can say Im hooked on IDPA! I shot the match and classifier so I shot 203 rounds total all day. I ended up classifing as a sharp shooter I was extremely happy with those results considering this was my first IDPA match! One thing I noticed was that a lot of the 1911's went down or had a lot of malfunction! The 1911 that I was impressed with was a sig 1911. The thing shot pretty well and it was bone stock. He was even shooting wolf out of it. He had one malfunction do to a bad primer . Every glock I saw ran without a hitch and was keeping up or doing better then the 1911's. I had a Hell of a fun day !