Thread: Practical/Defensive/Fighting Bolt & Lever Sling?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Practical/Defensive/Fighting Bolt & Lever Sling?

Another question!

I have been running Montana slings on my sporters for years, now. Never really had a complaint about them for hunting and just slinging the rifle across my back.

But... I really like my VCAS as a two-point retention/carry sling for my carbines and (I think) I would like something offering a similar functionality for my bolt guns.

It seems that this self-same VCAS is well-established as the forum favorite for fighting rifles. Does this carry over to the lighter* manually-operated firearms or is there something else that is recommended for the fighting bolt- and lever guns?

What are you using?

Thanks!

*As opposed to a heavy-barreled, heavy-stocked long-range gun.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm in the process of epoxying in two QD sockets into the side of the forearm and butt stock of my synthetic stocked hunting rifle so I can carry it with a VCAS like I do my AR. It makes way more sense this way.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)

Ching sling

Have you considered the 3-point Ching sling? Its pretty fast to get into for a solid lock-up, yet can be used for shoulder carry without messing with the fixed points.
    Yankee refugee living in the free state of West Virginia.

Feedback Score
    I've no personal experience with this sling but I've looked into it for my hunting rifle since I too like the VCAS on my AR's. The video on the page gives a pretty good idea of how it works.

http://www.redi-mag.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=15

Feedback Score
    I use a Viking sling on my Tikka T3 308 and it works great.