Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wingmaster magnum help

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    1911vm,

This is a new one for me. I haven't seen an 870 marked on the right side of the receiver like that. I noticed that the finish on the barrel appears darker than on the receiver. It looks like a police shotgun. Anything is possible with a government contract shotgun.

T2C
    Last edited by T2C; 06-03-13 at 09:36.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    called Remington historical department , they had no idea what I have . sent them all the same pictures waiting for an answer. this is getting interesting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They may not know that they work for Remington. Once I called Mossberg, and the guy I talked to told that their law enforcement shot guns were full auto so I wondered if I got a wrong number.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by williejc View Post
    They may not know that they work for Remington. Once I called Mossberg, and the guy I talked to told that their law enforcement shot guns were full auto so I wondered if I got a wrong number.

Feedback Score
    I have a left handed 870. It is stamped wingmaster on the right side, and Remington 870 Magnum on the left. It came with a 20 inch rifle sight barrell

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That's interesting. But mine ejects to the right. I am kind of anxious about reply from Remington.
    They emailed me back and asked for the ser # so It's sounds like they are not sure either. Lol

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    well I got my answer from remington " it was maid in 1987" . And that was the historical department. WOW

Feedback Score
    I have one.
    Left side = "Remington 870 MAGNUM" and a serial number beginning in W and ending in M.
    Right side = "WINGMASTER"

I guess I never considered it to be odd.

Last edited by JohnAL; 06-06-13 at 17:41.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks for posting that. That is exactly what I got for some reason I could not attach pic. Except it has an 18in barrel. I was told by some Remington Gurus that they made that configuration for LE I am also assuming mine has been re-finished . It is not blued
    So the LE configuration is the special part.
    Also it being Wingmaster Magnum is a cool factor. Not that many of them around.

Feedback Score
    Mine came with a 28" VR Remchoke barrel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12