Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    That is just stunning.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot_man View Post
    My short time with the MK16... The best SMR in my opinion. Very comfortable rail.

I agree, I was very impressed with the rail comfort. On par or better then Noveske NSR.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So I'm reading all this, trying to determine if Gesselle, is a " solid" way to go. My previous builds were mostly VLTOR parts, LMT bolts, MagPul, Afgan barrels, etc etc.

I've literally got a large gun safe full of m4s, which need a Re Do. I'm having a hard time embracing this new wizzbang stuff, Key Mod and the newer one, the name escapes me. Recently bought two BCM uppers for the expediency of builds. One came with key mod, the other came with the other style. Not knowing the difference is on me. Sloppy on my part.

I'm heavily reviewing the Gesselle, line of uppers, and pieces/ parts, in your opinion is this a good route to go. My safe full of rifles are Noveske, VLTOR, COLT6940s, with all the period specif 1996/10, good parts.

I've got several lowers being dipped, prior to construction. I'm retired, I get bored easily, building is what I like to do.

Any advice observations are appreciated.

Dirk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I’ll leave you with this conclusion of mine.

“If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up” – Ferris Bueller

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Williams View Post
    So I'm reading all this, trying to determine if Gesselle, is a " solid" way to go. My previous builds were mostly VLTOR parts, LMT bolts, MagPul, Afgan barrels, etc etc.

I've literally got a large gun safe full of m4s, which need a Re Do. I'm having a hard time embracing this new wizzbang stuff, Key Mod and the newer one, the name escapes me. Recently bought two BCM uppers for the expediency of builds. One came with key mod, the other came with the other style. Not knowing the difference is on me. Sloppy on my part.

I'm heavily reviewing the Gesselle, line of uppers, and pieces/ parts, in your opinion is this a good route to go. My safe full of rifles are Noveske, VLTOR, COLT6940s, with all the period specif 1996/10, good parts.

I've got several lowers being dipped, prior to construction. I'm retired, I get bored easily, building is what I like to do.

Any advice observations are appreciated.

Dirk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I love pic threads so many great ideas!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    They're a good handguard. I've installed/used a few MK14s and 16s and for a slim tube type handguard they're good, but as far as strength and deflection goes, they're not any better than any of the others.

I personally think the barrel nut - handguard interface is not much to marvel at, as it's big, blocky, and crude, but it ain't gonna fall off.

I think BCM has the best tube handguard out right now with the MCMR as they're a lot sleeker design, an ounce and half or more lighter vs the Geissele, and have shown to be better from a deflection standpoint. The only downside is that it's a little more difficult to install as the barrel nut - handguard is an interference fit and requires some heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Williams View Post

Dirk
    Last edited by 17K; 02-20-20 at 08:42.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    They're a good handguard. I've installed/used a few MK14s and 16s and for a slim tube type handguard they're good, but as far as strength and deflection goes, they're not any better than any of the others.

I personally think the barrel nut - handguard interface is not much to marvel at, as it's big, blocky, and crude, but it ain't gonna fall off.

I think BCM has the best tube handguard out right now with the MCMR as they're a lot sleeker design, an ounce and half or more lighter vs the Geissele, and have shown to be better from a deflection standpoint. The only downside is that it's a little more difficult to install as the barrel nut - handguard is an interference fit and requires some heat.
    I would disagree. I had a g3 midwest ind handguard that could easily be deflected with hand pressure. My MK16, while not perfect, is far better

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post

Can you please post a link or evidence supporting your statement that the MCMR " have shown to be better from a deflection standpoint "? Look forward to reading those tests. Thanks in advance!

Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast