Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele SMR Picture Thread

Feedback Score

MK3

Quote Originally Posted by JChops View Post
    Here's a list I've kept to get you started. I've built uppers with the following versions so these are all confirmed. I don't know if this list is complete but feel free to add if you can confirm something not shown:

MKI 10", 13" (Slick, smallest OD, threaded inserts to attach rails direct)
    Version 1: Original design. Steel barrel nut. Heli-coil barrel nut bolt holes. Oversize phillips-head socket cap bolts. Laser engraving along top.
    Version 2: Exactly the same as V1 but with QD sockets on both sides.
    Version 3 (Current): Bottom vent holes redesigned to pear shape. Steel nut updated to new chamfered design. Anti-rotation "wings" reduced to smaller tabs like MKIV. Bolts updated to lo-pro allen head socket caps and are countersunk into rail like MKIV. Phosphated steel retainer countersunk on opposite side like MKIV. Laser engraving moved near barrel nut like MKIV. Black anodizing has a blue tint to it.

MKII 9.5", 10", 13" (Slick, larger OD, removable keyed backer plates that serve as mounts for rails)
    Version 1: Original design. Steel barrel nut. Heli-coil barrel nut bolt holes. Allen socket cap bolts with slight countersink. Laser engraving along top.
    Version 3 (Current): Bottom vent holes redesigned to pear shape. Steel nut updated to new chamfered design. Anti-rotation "wings" reduced to smaller tabs like MKIV. Bolts updated to lo-pro allen head socket caps and are countersunk into rail like MKIV. Phosphated steel retainer flush-mount on opposite side like MKIV. Laser engraving moved near barrel nut like MKIV. (Also, note that the 9.5" rail has replaced the 10" rail.)

MKIV 9.5", 13" (Slick with short fixed rails at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock)
    Version 1: Original design. Only current rail with aluminum barrel nut. Small anti-rotation wings. Larger head allen socket cap bolts, countersunk. Phosphated steel retainer flush-mount on opposite side. Laser engraving near barrel nut.
    Version 2 (Current): Aluminum nut updated to new chamfered design. Bolts are newer lo-pro allen head socket caps. Vent holes below barrel nut removed.

You could also add the following prototypes and specials that have been shown publicly:

• The "Trident" Rail — 13" MKIV (Sand) rail w/ square bottom vent holes (owned by a member here)
    • Citizen Arms Rails — 9.5" & 13" MKII & MKIV rails with HK416 style keyed anti-rotation
    • Cola Warrior Rails — (2) 13" MKIV rails (Sand, Grey), with special engraving and HK416 style keyed anti-rotation
    • Keymod rail — 9.5" MKIV (in the white) proof of concept shown recently by Bill
    MK3 is coming soon. To be honest, I like this one the best of all. I will try and get some pictures posted.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sagmill View Post
    MK3 is coming soon. To be honest, I like this one the best of all. I will try and get some pictures posted.
    why the jump from 2 to 4 then back to 3? was it still under development or something?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle View Post
    why the jump from 2 to 4 then back to 3? was it still under development or something?
    I have been sitting on the raw material for awhile......with the mania starting to lessen a bit we have had an opportunity to program, tool up and get these moving.

Feedback Score
    I have been sitting on the raw material for awhile......with the mania starting to lessen a bit we have had an opportunity to program, tool up and get these moving.
    Not sure how to interpret your post?

You set aside aluminum for the Mk3, or is the Mk3 made out of something else?

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Awesome. Can't wait to see some pictures.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Here's a list I've kept to get you started. I've built uppers with the following versions so these are all confirmed. I don't know if this list is complete but feel free to add if you can confirm something not shown:

MKI 10", 13" (Slick, smallest OD, threaded inserts to attach rails direct)
    Version 1: Original design. Steel barrel nut. Heli-coil barrel nut bolt holes. Oversize phillips-head socket cap bolts. Laser engraving along top.
    Version 3 (Current): Bottom vent holes redesigned to pear shape. Steel nut updated to new chamfered design. Anti-rotation "wings" reduced to smaller tabs like MKIV. Bolts updated to lo-pro allen head socket caps and are countersunk into rail like MKIV. Phosphated steel retainer countersunk on opposite side like MKIV. Laser engraving moved near barrel nut like MKIV. Black anodizing has a blue tint to it.

MKII 9.5", 10", 13" (Slick, larger OD, removable keyed backer plates that serve as mounts for rails)
    Version 1: Original design. Steel barrel nut. Heli-coil barrel nut bolt holes. Allen socket cap bolts with slight countersink. Laser engraving along top.
    Version 3 (Current): Bottom vent holes redesigned to pear shape. Steel nut updated to new chamfered design. Anti-rotation "wings" reduced to smaller tabs like MKIV. Bolts updated to lo-pro allen head socket caps and are countersunk into rail like MKIV. Phosphated steel retainer flush-mount on opposite side like MKIV. Laser engraving moved near barrel nut like MKIV. (Also, note that the 9.5" rail has replaced the 10" rail.)

MKIV 9.5", 13" (Slick with short fixed rails at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock)
    Version 1: Original design. Only current rail with aluminum barrel nut. Small anti-rotation wings. Larger head allen socket cap bolts, countersunk. Phosphated steel retainer flush-mount on opposite side. Laser engraving near barrel nut.
    Version 2 (Current): Aluminum nut updated to new chamfered design. Bolts are newer lo-pro allen head socket caps. Vent holes below barrel nut removed.

You could also add the following prototypes and specials that have been shown publicly:

• The "Trident" Rail — 13" MKIV (Sand) rail w/ square bottom vent holes (owned by a member here)
    • Citizen Arms Rails — 9.5" & 13" MKII & MKIV rails with HK416 style keyed anti-rotation
    • Cola Warrior Rails — (2) 13" MKIV rails (Sand, Grey), with special engraving and HK416 style keyed anti-rotation
    • Keymod rail — 9.5" MKIV (in the white) proof of concept shown recently by Bill
    Have any of the mentioned rails changed metal type?

Not finished but close......

Last edited by ZINCOGNITO; 06-05-13 at 11:59.
    NAVY

Feedback Score
    Here's a list I've kept to get you started.
    GREAT post.

Now if only companies like BCM would ship uppers with the MK1 actually installed (other than the Jack rifle).

I'm really curious to see the MKIII. I'm guessing the Keymod version of the MKIV.

Feedback Score
    67 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C45P312 View Post
    Here's my little bit of heaven ....

Which Geissele model is this?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    The Keymod version JChops mentioned in his breakdown (and referred to something Bill said) post of the different models......Any pics. I checked this thread and the SHOT SMR thread. Maybe I missed it. Thanks,

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glock21xxx View Post
    Which Geissele model is this?
    MK1 for the HK 416.

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast