Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast

Thread: Geissele SMR Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    Can you please post a link or evidence supporting your statement that the MCMR " have shown to be better from a deflection standpoint "? Look forward to reading those tests. Thanks in advance!
    Been a few guys do some pretty good testing on TOS after all the excitement around that MK16 that got bent.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by labeef View Post
    I would disagree. I had a g3 midwest ind handguard that could easily be deflected with hand pressure. My MK16, while not perfect, is far better

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    When I said 'any of the others' I was referring to handguards of the same quality levelas the Geissele. Not Midwest Industries.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I like Geissele. All my guns but a few have Geissele triggers. I really like the MK8 and have a few. I used to think that their stuff was top notch. I have to say I think they have jumped the shark.

They have a Facebook group called Geissele Master Race and the amount of poor QC that is coming out of Geissele as of late is terrible. I really don't think I will be purchasing another Geissele product for a while. Rails, I'm all in on URX4 for strength and the MCMR for lightweight depending on the roll. I think they have grown way to fast and are playing catch up. JMHO.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The MK8 is stout. Stiff as a quad rail. I like 'em.

I think Geissele is a quality shop, but their SUPER PRECISION branding may have created a disconnect between their market and some of their products. Whether that's the result of their marketing or their customers expectations, I don't know.

Their scope mounts, where the Super Precision started, really are very well machined pieces.

They got into uppers, lowers, and barrels, and all the QC stuff I see people complaining about are anodizing colors not matching, and receivers not being pieces of art milled from aluminum.

I don't know if their stuff is priced in the super high-end range, but people are expecting the quality.

Me? I'm fine with mil-spec type forged lowers and anodizing that doesn't match. I want the critical dimensions correct and don't make much fuss over looks past that. I like Colts and have never seen one that I consider ugly, but understand that not everyone has the same ideals.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    When I said 'any of the others' I was referring to handguards of the same quality levelas the Geissele. Not Midwest Industries.
    I agree. I would compare Geissel to Noveske, BCM, Daniel Defense to get a better understanding. I have had good experiences with all of them.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hope this isn't a repost

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When you run your URGI so hard you break something....

Feedback Score
    The LMT two-stage in this guy is kinda heavy and gritty. I plan to replace it with an SSA though. Otherwise, I love this thing!

Dang, I can't figure out how to get the photo to be nice and large like y'alls.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ShadowMoses; 04-24-20 at 16:07.

Feedback Score
    My Geisselle URG-I upper on a PSA special rollmark...the Gremlin. Geisselle scope mount and Vortex 1-6x OPMOD.

10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.
    Last edited by Rrotz; 06-30-20 at 04:35.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Really liking that 11.5

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast