Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the price of the SR-25 justified over the cost of the LMT MWS?

Feedback Score

Is the price of the SR-25 justified over the cost of the LMT MWS?

I own both. I like the LMT bit I love the KAC. KAC has put lots of little features to keep to weapon working in adverse conditions like the Carbon Cutter bolt.

Value is in the eyes of the beholder. In my eyes the SE-25 is well worth it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This was discussed on snipershide in detail along with a couple other weapon systems. I will say that KAC and LMT have a cozy relationship and both platforms are phenomenal. I will be picking up the slick sided LMT only because I can't afford the SR25. I have owned 4 SR15s and absolutely love KAC.......you can't go wrong with either decision.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I think what Skyyr is getting at is since the two models share so much DNA, is the difference worth it? I think that divides to two questions- one is how closely related are they really- especially in current form since I think they were perhaps closer to each other in the past. Is the MWS just the Tahoe to the KAC's Escalade? Same bones different trim. The other question relates to the comments about specific models being vetted and the purpose of the rifle.
    Precisely.

Thanks for all of the responses.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'd buy the SR-25 if I could afford one....they are the be-all, end-all of .308 ARs IMO. KAC builds top-tier products.

EDIT: I guess that doesn't contribute at all to the discussion. The LMT is a great rifle too, but my experience with LMT has been limited to their 5.56mm MRP, none with their 7.62 offerings. If you want a great working rifle get the LMT and put the savings towards optics/mags/ammo, but if you really want maximum performance get the KAC. I've read on this very board about the extensive testing performed on the newest generation of SR-25s making them the most refined yet.
    Last edited by El Pistolero; 06-03-13 at 19:04.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for this thread Skyyr, what coldheadhands clarified is something I have also been wondering.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    They are both great rifles. I have owned a LMT MWS for almost three years. It has served me well and it never held me back during several long range courses (200+ rounds/day) and shooting a few precision matches. Using various types of ammo (estimated at 3,000+ rounds), I have never had a single issue with the rifle. Last outing was popping 3/4" dot drills and banging steel at 850 yards with ease.

My experience with the KAC SR-25 has been brief, one long rang course shooting a few rounds and comparing it side by side to my LMT. I was indeed impressed but could not justify the added cost for my needs. KAC clearly has more to offer and has a great reputation from actual trigger pullers who know a hell lot more than I do.

Until my LMT starts to slow me down, I will drive on and shoot it as often and in different settings/matches as possible. I am a firm believer in shooting the gun and learning it's strengths and limitations.

I will eventually pick up another AR-based 308, but it will likely be a JP or GAP. LMT has proven to be a reliable battle rifle, but my needs will likely move to a light-weight precision type rifle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

New SR 25?

Ooh, where can I find info on the new KAC you metion??

Quote Originally Posted by David Pennington View Post
    Yes, it is worth the price difference.

Also, KAC has a new lightweight SR-25 carbine coming out. It features a lightweight 16" cold hammer forged chrome-lined barrel. I believe it will be much more price competitive. This is the same gun that Dano tested. Even if it weren't for the price difference this would be my first choice in a semi 7.62x51. The mil version will be the M110K2 but I'm not sure what the commercial designator will be or when.

I've never been a SR-25 fan but seeing this gun and hearing the reports has changed that. The newer guns are that much better.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
    Ooh, where can I find info on the new KAC you metion??
    It is still a program in development.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I hope

I hope it makes it to market soon. I just bought my first KAC, an SR 15 LPR and I am now in the market for another 308. Like most people, I am all over the place as to which 308 variant to choose. Certainly, your products speak for themselves. Care to offer any potential details about the rifle? I understand this would only be prototype stage, however, anything that you can reveal?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just as a bit more of a teaser I'll throw this out. When I picked up the M110K2 it felt like, no exaggeration, picking up a box stock M16A2. The gun was 7.7lbs and they were still shaving weight off of it.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    VCDL Member

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast