Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Is the price of the SR-25 justified over the cost of the LMT MWS?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I Agree

Can find LMTs on GB now for about $2600 and a SCAR 17S for about $2850. The amazing thing is that there are many more SCARs available on GB than the LMTs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox33 View Post
    If they would spend the money on the stuff Handl defense, Giselle, GG&G, and a few others came up with the mk17 would be rock freaking solid.
    Handl defense is a bad company to do business with... tons of negative reviews...
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=337869256

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 762DoubleTap View Post
    Handl defense is a bad company to do business with... tons of negative reviews...
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=337869256

[/img]
    ehh

Bad review written by a 7 year old who cant spell or use spell check. Using a retarded kids post on gun broker (the bastion of credibility that place is) does not help your case.

I've heard nothing but good things about Handl. Mine works perfectly.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    ehh

Bad review written by a 7 year old who cant spell or use spell check. Using a retarded kids post on gun broker (the bastion of credibility that place is) does not help your case.

I've heard nothing but good things about Handl. Mine works perfectly.
    There have been a number of complaints with the Handl lower on the FN Forums. I'm glad your Handl has worked out, others have reported their lower works as advertised as well, but not everyone. Like anything that comes out, there is usually some hiccups. I think I'll stick to the OEM mags, I have plenty at this point.

Feedback Score
    what is it doing or not doing? No issues here maybe I got a "good" one.

I got mine through the SOCOM portal on their website http://www.handldefense.com/socom/

basically they got a few guys that can verify you are SOF and you get a discount on a lower, get to read the proposals they wrote up, and see some videos on its testing. The lower is just one thing they are doing.

but I would think designing anything to do something it wasn't would cause teething issues. Which elaborates even further the problems the SCAR has. There have been more than one stop use put out.

Which if it were me I would have said lets do the hk417 and be done with it. Even as much as the SCAR was tested a lab is not a CZ. The SCAR (as much as I like it) is pretty radical departure. Which is why the AR based platforms have an advantage. They are already proven and have a loyal following

I am very much of the opinion that SOCOM is going to let the SCAR die slowly(the efforts of VLTOR, Handl, Giselle, and who ever else be damned)

so KAC, SIG, HK, LMT and many others see the gap and are trying to fill it
    Last edited by Fox33; 07-03-13 at 15:18.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I got mine through the SOCOM portal on their website http://www.handldefense.com/socom/

basically they got a few guys that can verify you are SOF and you get a discount on a lower, get to read the proposals they wrote up, and see some videos on its testing. The lower is just one thing they are doing.

but I would think designing anything to do something it wasn't would cause teething issues. Which elaborates even further the problems the SCAR has. There have been more than one stop use put out.
    IDK how it further elaborates the problems with the SCAR per se, I do agree many would have been happier if it were compatible to begin with the SR-25 mags, that said the OEM mags work and are now plentiful.

The issue with the Handl lowers seem to be with some of the first runs, particularly the cerakoted lowers. It was an issue with the OEM bolt catch being used with Pmags (which it wasn't designed for). So the bolt catch scratches up the pmag and apparently will not hold open on some of the HANDL lowers. I'm not an expert on it, I do not own a Handl and have no first hand experience with them. If yours runs fine then it is a non-issue for you.

Feedback Score

Which if it were me I would have said lets do the hk417 and be done with it. Even as much as the SCAR was tested a lab is not a CZ. The SCAR (as much as I like it) is pretty radical departure. Which is why the AR based platforms have an advantage. They are already proven and have a loyal following

I am very much of the opinion that SOCOM is going to let the SCAR die slowly(the efforts of VLTOR, Handl, Giselle, and who ever else be damned)

so KAC, SIG, HK, LMT and many others see the gap and are trying to fill it
    just to check, next time you are at the range with your SCAR25 lower, lock the bolt back and give the magazine a good slap, like you were loading a m4 while in contact, then empty the magazine...i could bet that it will leave one round in the magazine...

also did your lower come complete? can you take pictures of the mag catch and bolt catch?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789