Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P226 Light Striking on DA.....

Feedback Score
    This happened to me when I stippled the grips on my 229. The heat changed the grip structure only slightly and prevented the trigger bar from it's topmost travel area.

I'd flush out the area between the trigger bar and frame with brake cleaner then relube to eliminate gunk between there causing the problem. I'd check the grips real close for abnormal fit, and replace the trigger bar and trigger return spring.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Biased_Observer View Post
    This happened to me when I stippled the grips on my 229. The heat changed the grip structure only slightly and prevented the trigger bar from it's topmost travel area.

I'd flush out the area between the trigger bar and frame with brake cleaner then relube to eliminate gunk between there causing the problem. I'd check the grips real close for abnormal fit, and replace the trigger bar and trigger return spring.
    TBO, it happens with the grip panels off so I don't think that's the issue, thanks for your input thou I appreciate it.

I detailed stripped and cleaned the gun (with the help of the DVD from Sigforum member Chris Orndorff), just to see if I could do it. Quite easy.

Shortly I should have a new trigger bar in hand, along with a new spring and safety lever. It looks like there is some wear on the 'prong' of the safety lever that cams into the notch on the hammer, and what happens in DA is it sometimes 'skips off' the hammer so to speak and then two things happen, the safety lever doesn't get tripped, and the sear remains engaged. Its almost like the whole trigger bar is moving DOWNWARD.

You gents are most helpful
    "So have your buddy get a box of stray cats and try to get a good sight picture while he is throwing the cats at you... naked." - KLD

Get yours news at Presscheck.org!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123