Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Landyards on handheld lights?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Landyards on handheld lights?

Just wondering if anyone actually has a lanyard attached to their handheld light. I sometimes give thought to this, which would allow me to free up one hand if necessary (opening doors, reloads, etc).
    On the other hand (no pun intended), I also wonder if there's little practical use for one. First, the loop could be caught on objects during daily routines. Also, I actually asked Ken Hackathorn about his in a class and he said though he leaves one on his light, realistically in a stress situation, it's going to be hard to get his wrist in the landyard in a timely manner.
    Any thoughts?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Landyards on handheld lights?

I have one on mine but it has a break away release on it. I haven't decided yet if that is a good thing or not in the event of an altercation. Overall, I feel it's a good idea.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've taken a few low light courses, both in and out of shoot houses. all my handhelds have lanyards...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I had never used a lanyard on a handheld until about 4 weeks ago on a late night kayak trip on the river. I used the lanyard!
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I use them. They are a big help when I reload or clear malfunctions. I can let go of the light and not lose it. If for some reason I need the light quickly I dont use the lanyard.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks for the input. Any good sources for durable lanyards that don't cost much? The one that came with my Surefire is way too long to be practical.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by acaixguard View Post
    Thanks for the input. Any good sources for durable lanyards that don't cost much? The one that came with my Surefire is way too long to be practical.
    http://www.amazon.com/Lanyard-SureFi.../dp/B0010H9MO2

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Isn't that too long as well? That looks similar to what my LX2 came with.
    I find it cumbersome to have to find ways to bunch it up, or double loop it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Can't you just fashion one out of paracord? I mean.... seems you could make exactly what you want.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Lanyards on hand held lights

acaixguard,

Just determine what length you require and then cut the Surefire lanyard to length, After cutting melt the ends of the paracord with a lighter. Voila, your done and at no expense. I do this to all my personal hand held lights YMMV but it works for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast