Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Anyone Checked Out The Colt Marine 1911...?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My understanding is this only effects the markings on the civilian version produced by the Custom Shop. All will be right again once the graft situation gets resolved.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    Just a heads up. Appears that the Marines won the argument with Colt. I'm seeing a good many of these showing up with M45A1 on the side instead of USMC. If you have one marked USMC you'll see it go way up in value, I imagine. I'm still interested in one..now maybe prices will go down to normal. Would have liked a USMC roll mark, though.

Feedback Score
    Still at the top of my wishlist - whatever the markings. Expected chances of finding one for sale remain at flat line zero....a man can dream though. Semper Fi!
    Get off my lawn!

Feedback Score
    I got one of the USMC marked ones just before the announcement by Vickers, literally about a week. Have it put back, but I am intending to get a M45 marked blue box unit if I find one available. There are a few on GB for around 2K. I figure I will hit up the local Colt power store and see if I can catch one. It seems there is the 1070CQBP with the pelican box and a 1070M45 with the blue box available

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Glad that I got two USMC sets when the prices was reasonable. There is no way I would pick up a USMC marking at >2.5K.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thmpr View Post
    Glad that I got two USMC sets when the prices was reasonable. There is no way I would pick up a USMC marking at >2.5K.
    Sell me one.

Feedback Score
    I just grabbed an m45a1 marked version and will likely give it a range day by the weekend. Anyone that has one let me know what holster you are using. I understand rail dimensions are bigger on this pistol and holsters designed for the standard rail gun will not fit.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eng208 View Post
    I got one of the USMC marked ones just before the announcement by Vickers, literally about a week. Have it put back, but I am intending to get a M45 marked blue box unit if I find one available. There are a few on GB for around 2K. I figure I will hit up the local Colt power store and see if I can catch one. It seems there is the 1070CQBP with the pelican box and a 1070M45 with the blue box available
    There is some confusion concerning the two model numbers, even among "Colt guys".

The 1070CQB is the Colt Custom Shop version with a "tuned" trigger and gunsmith fit barrel. It comes in the Pelican case with magazines and cleaning kit.

The 1070M45 is a standard production line model just as the USMC receives them under contract. They come in the standard Colt blue plastic box with spare magazine. Colt produces these "extra" contract pistols as time and production schedules allow.

If your in the market, pay close attention to the model number, choose wisely and pay accordingly.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    Main attraction for me is that it's a 1911 that is in current US military service.

Not an anti-Colt guy when it comes to 1911s, but not seeing anything distinguishing about the gun from a technical point of view, and definitely not at the price point it's being sold at.

To be fair to Colt 1911s, I will say that even the Series 80 ones I have handled have all had creep-free triggers.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617