Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele SSA trigger for rifle

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Geissele SSA trigger for rifle

I have a Geissele SSA on my AR DMR rifle. Does any one make a similar trigger for my other build. If I have to buy another SSA Iwill. I have a PA 10 that I added a Criterion 20” LR118 barrel to. The rifle shoots one hole groups at 100 with Federal match , but its trigger is horrible. I heard good things about ALG triggers, but my only experience is stock tiggers and my SSA. Any advise would be helpful.
    Last edited by sjc3081; 03-11-22 at 18:57.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    After using Centurions 2 stage trigger, I won't be buying anymore Geisseles unless they're on sale for stupid cheap.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    After using Centurions 2 stage trigger, I won't be buying anymore Geisseles unless they're on sale for stupid cheap.
    Thx I will check them out.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If your idea of checking them out means buying one, then you made the right decision

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I bought one from the Centurion website.
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Now that I'm at my laptop.......though at this point, I guess the info is just for future readers of this thread.

If you're looking for a single stage trigger, the ALG ACT is better than a standard trigger, but not by much. I used JP triggers, which I think are now called the Classic for years, and was very happy with them. If you take the time to set them up, they've got no creep, a very crisp break, and very little overtravel. I bought a Timney drop-in unit when I found one on sale, since I've been using Timneys in Remington 700s for a long time. It's got some creep, which I really wasn't expecting, since it's a cassette design. It's not bad, just not as nice as a well setup JP.

In the 2-stage realm, I bought my first SSA and a LaRue MBT at about the same time. The MBT immediately became my standard trigger, and I've bought quite a few of them. They do have an odd shoe shape, but I've never found it to be a hindrance in my shooting. They've all been as crisp as, and most crisper than, the SSA. Bill describes the SSA's break as carrot-like, but I consider that a bit of an exaggeration, but they're definitely not like an icicle. Once I bought my first Centurion AST, it became my standard. Takeup is as smooth as the SSA and MBT, there's no creep, and the break is as crisp as the MBTs. It really does feel as nice as a Geissele, for less than 1/2 the price.

You might have noticed I didn't mention reset. Reset is only something I notice when dry firing....not really when shooting. The SSA might have the best of all of the above units, followed by the Centurion, followed by the MBT. The difference between them is hardly worth mentioning. I haven't used the JP or Timney in long enough to not reliably comment on their resets.
    Last edited by grizzman; 03-11-22 at 21:20.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thx Grizz
    You informative post was well worth the effort.
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I love Geissele but the Centurion AST is great and very very close in all aspects - I have maybe 6 Geissele triggers, had to 2 MBTs, but sold both and now have Centurion ASTs in place of the Larues.

If I need a future SSA or SSA-E trigger, I would likely just get the Centurion AST instead.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    That's the one. A year or so ago the LaRue MBT-2S was go to deal but since Mark bumped his price the Centurion AST clear winner these days.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    the ALG ACT is better than a standard trigger, but not by much.
    We were just talking about this Saturday. My ALG never bugged me until I tried shooting groups and zeroing my ACOG. Wow. You really notice a mediocre trigger when you're trying to hold a magnified reticle steady.

You might have noticed I didn't mention reset. Reset is only something I notice when dry firing....not really when shooting.
    I really notice reset when shooting groups on paper, but it's a slow fire deal anyway.

Pappabear was telling me to get a LaRue MBT on Saturday (before he saw this thread), but I'm not about to give LaRue any of my money. Centurion it is!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast