Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Preview of 300 Fireball SBR bulid

Feedback Score
    Haven't had to so far..

Got the barrel just a couple weeks ago.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What's the dif between .300 Fireball and .300 Whisper?

I used a Whisper one year at Second Chance in the rifle competition, with SSK's suppressor. It was an unfair advantage because I could hear the impacts on steel as a hit confirmation and oh, how the 220's took the steel down as opposed to 5.56!

I don't know much about suppressors or how SSK's suppressors stack up to the brands that are more commonly bandied about in the AR / class III community, but I have to think they would be worth a look.....? Anybody had experience with them?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That is an interesting BC. As I understand it, part of what makes the auto carriers better is that they are heavier. What is the reason yours is so skeletonized?
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    300FB is the non proprietary version of the 300 Whisper, and there might be some dimensional differences. I believe the 300FB has more generous proportions.

The Young low-mass bolt carrier is what I use for 3Gun to speed cycling, and it seemed like a good idea to run in this, since cycling with extremely low amounts of gas pressure is typically problematic. I also cut 3 coils off the op spring, but I am not sure if that was needed in the end or not.

Feedback Score
    Zak that build looks nice. What is the diameter of that suppressor? I have a 7.62SD and was trying to find a forearm that I could recess it into.

Feedback Score
    Hi,

The 30P has a diameter of 1.5". The ID of the PRI tube is about 1.75". The only tricky part is that if you want to retain the PRI rail segments (I have them removed), you need to trip the screws' lengths back a thread or two to clear the suppressor.

-z

Feedback Score
    Zak,
    I am going to get a barrel from his next run. I am going to get some of the other components and was wondering if the barrel has M4 cuts or is a standard upper.

Feedback Score

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123