Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: dont put 300blk in a 223......

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Ring;1666650] dont put 300blk in a 223......

"Gee, ya think?
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    Wow... now if only we could get the gang bangers to do the same we'd be in good shape.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Once I when I fired my .308, it sounded funny and had no recoil. A .243 Win. round had been included in the .308 win. box--all factory.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I recently stuck a loaded magazine in my 450 Bushmaster, let the bolt forward, took aim, click. Check the magazine, in good and securely latched. Notice a 556 on the ground, pay no attention. Pull the bolt back, let it go, take aim, click. Now I'm beginning to pay a bit more attention. As I tilt the rifle muzzle down to clear it I notice a 556 fall onto the ground to join the other I just noticed. You can't shoot 556 out of a 450 Bushmaster. It won't even go bang. It just slides down the barrel and falls on the ground. You would have thunk I would have learned something from that about paying attention. But you would be wrong. I won't tell you about how I launched a 765 SDN6 can down range 35 yards. Too embarrassing. I did learn from that. I have slowed down and I pay more attention. On the range, at work, on the road, at home. Pay more attention. That's my new motto.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If your are human, stuff happens.

I once took my 444 Marlin to the range, along with a hand loaded box of cartridges. I dead eye dicked it on the target, squeeeezed the trigger, and when the hammer fell I heard a kind of a pifth sound. That alerted me, along with absolutely no recoil, that something may have been amiss. I ejected the casing, which was pretty funny looking in retrospect. Rotund around the middle it was. On closer inspection I found it was a now a 3/4 fire formed 32 Winchester Special!

Of course it was that damn caliber, that no one should have a use for.
    Last edited by darr3239; 06-20-13 at 00:16.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Question

the only thing needed to convert a 5.56 rifle to a 300BLK rifle is a barrel and ammo correct?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    That's all.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    I use only magpul mags for 300BO and only GI mags for .556
    That system has worked well so far. Although, in the 2 years I've had the 300, ammo has been nonexistent

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456