Thread: "Junkyard" builds.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Good on you for posting up your build. They're a pair of nice looking rifles, both before and after. I did something similar to you, but with a twist. I decided to build an AR, but only using used parts. (Where I could.) My criteria was that the part had to be from a verifiable source (meaning a person I trusted.) or it was obvious to me that the part was in good shape. In the end I had an MOA rifle (more or less) that I built for just under $500. i imagine some people would dog on some of the brand choices, but in the end, it was just a solid, trustworthy rifle that banged every time i wanted it to bang. I learned some valuable lessons during that process, and it was pretty fun too. Especially sourcing the parts. I called it my Used Car AR (UCAR) because it was like 5 different colors at one time, like some jalopy sold off of "Honest Abe's Used Cars and Emporium". lol.
    That's cool. Back over the summer I built an AR that included a lot of lightly-used spare parts that I had kicking around the basement. The result was kind of weird looking but with a bit less than 1700 rounds through it (I'd have to check my log to get the exact amount) has thus far turned out to be a surprisingly good gun. It had it's own thread several months back. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...y)-spare-parts

Last edited by Circle_10; 01-16-19 at 01:33.