Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird issue with my new Stag 6.8 upper and ammo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
    I had a similar issue. Not ever having used a quick release mount, I attached it with too little torque. Lesson learned.
    When I first bought my Noveske I was short on cash (of course) and I just wanted to shoot it. I bought a POS UGT(u got took) rail extension for some rings I had. Mounted it up went out for the first time. Man couldn't hardly keep it on paper. Was hoping like hell it wasn't the gun. Long story short switched to Larue LT 112 w/20 MOA and now she's a hellava shooter!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by StingerDan View Post
    When I first bought my Noveske I was short on cash (of course) and I just wanted to shoot it. I bought a POS UGT(u got took) rail extension for some rings I had. Mounted it up went out for the first time. Man couldn't hardly keep it on paper. Was hoping like hell it wasn't the gun. Long story short switched to Larue LT 112 w/20 MOA and now she's a hellava shooter!
    In my case, I bought a ADM recon mount for a Vortex Viper PST 1-4x. The instructions for mounting it onto the rail basically said not to go crazy with the torque on the rail. I sighted in and the rifle was shooting fairly well. I switched to a hotter load and it immediately showed vertical stringing, bad. I switched back to the milder load and it shot OK, but I thought I could do better. I left the range disappointed in my marksmanship. When I got home, I was wiping down the rifle and discovered that the mount had some play in it.

Once I moved the quick release bolts to the next available position, all was solved and my rifle shoots like a champ, much better than I am able to drive it, now (I am getting better, shot my first 1 MOA group 2 weeks ago with 7 rounds)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12