Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Struggling on latest 308 Selection

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Struggling on latest 308 Selection

Quote Originally Posted by Tzintzuntzan View Post
    Compared to sane 5.56 mag prices.... Granted most of those are not in .308.
    Exactly. Aside from PMAG 20LR, which are harder to find than 17 mags, the prices are generally reasonable.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Exactly. Aside from PMAG 20LR, which are harder to find than 17 mags, the prices are generally reasonable.
    The M3 Pmag LRs will be out shortly. Very much looking forward to wringing them out. Especially interested in the 25 rounders, true game-changer in the 7.62 world.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Struggling on latest 308 Selection

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    The M3 Pmag LRs will be out shortly. Very much looking forward to wringing them out. Especially interested in the 25 rounders, true game-changer in the 7.62 world.
    That's good news. Numerous individuals are waiting on those. How soon is shortly? Days, weeks...

Sent via Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    That's good news. Numerous individuals are waiting on those. How soon is shortly? Days, weeks...

Sent via Tapatalk
    Magpul does not provide estimated delivery of new product due to the saber-rattling of internet aficionados when estimates are not met. It's a good policy.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

so it appears

I have narrowed it down due to this thread to LMT vs. SCAR. (Hey, if I can find a good price on a KAC SR25 I might jump to that) As such, we have the old Piston vs. DI issue. No, I won't start a 100 page debate. My question is whether anyone has found the scar to run more reliably than the LMT or vice versa? Obviously, it appears the LMT has an accuracy edge. Yes, I understand intended use . . . however, regardless of my intended use I like to picture the worst possible scenario the weapon might have to operate under. Does either have an edge or would you call it a draw. No, I not some crazy zombie prepper.
    Last edited by PNorris; 06-13-13 at 08:15.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRT2 View Post
    Purchased new LMT MWS from LGS in April 2013 and it had P-Mag 20LR magazine. Also, P-Mag 20 LRs are hard to find and cost in range of $55.00 to $70.00 per. Any lower prices I found were for back order only.
    I got 5 pmag 20LRs directly from magpul last month within a week of ordering at retail price, if that helps any?
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I think it's great Magpul is coming out with 25 round mags, but in rifles that are already pigs, how many people are going to want to add more weight, especially with the intended use of these rifles? My guess would be the new Gen3 20 round mags still sell better than the 25 round mags, but a large margin.

Feedback Score
    Another option could be the m110-K2 if you are not in a hurry. I don't no what the civilian version will be called but its like 7.7 lbs and they are lightening it even more. I heard it was going to have a cheaper price point than the ECC from one of the KAC threads. Hopefully F2S could chime in...

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
    I have narrowed it down due to this thread to LMT vs. SCAR. (Hey, if I can find a good price on a KAC SR25 I might jump to that) As such, we have the old Piston vs. DI issue. No, I won't start a 100 page debate. My question is whether anyone has found the scar to run more reliably than the LMT or vice versa? Obviously, it appears the LMT has an accuracy edge. Yes, I understand intended use . . . however, regardless of my intended use I like to picture the worst possible scenario the weapon might have to operate under. Does either have an edge or would you call it a draw. No, I not some crazy zombie prepper.
    Operating system alone has taken over lots of conversations by people that don't understand the intricacies of specific platforms. There are all kinds of piston-operated systems that are unreliable, finiky, and less than robust. The how is far less important than the what. Look at actual test data, performance, and legitimacy of testing protocol. There is an assumption that piston guns are more forgiving in ammunition selection, and that is an incorrect assumption. Look at the FAL, one of the best legacy 7.62 guns; it has a gas regulator with a specific and detailed process to tune the regulator to provide reliable function. Of course, there are examples that do not require regulator adjustment, so, again, one cannot make conclusive statements about performance based on operating system alone.

When it comes to 7.62 guns, there are really three types:
    Precision
    Heavy Carbine
    Hybrid

Precision-oriented guns tend to be heavier, as they are intended to provide bolt-gun level performance.

Heavy Carbines pretty much replicate standard 5.56 precision, but provide 7.62 terminal and barrier performance. Precision is secondary to weight and reliable function.

Hybrid guns lie between the two, biased in either direction toward user needs. These represent the most expensive option, as overcoming contradictory aspects incurs cost.

Comparing a precision gun to a heavy carbine is like comparing a Corvette to a Silverado. Identify what you want/need, figure out what options exist in the category, and make a best-fit based on your preference and budget.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks Jack

I appreciate your expert advice. It is always a difficult decision, as there is no such thing as one do it all gun. I know the SCAR has a great service record, however, it does not quite have the accuracy I want. On the other hand, the LMT has great accuracy, however, I cannot find much on its service record. This is the classic intersecting circle diagram. Your SR 25 has both and I hope to be able to swing it. If not, however, my question is whether the LMT has proven reliable and unfinicky. I appreciate your patience, as I am still learning, however, I am an attentive student. ( I recently picked up an SR 15 LPR that I love) This is a great forum with a wealth of knowledge. I have learned tons on this forum.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast