Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Struggling on latest 308 Selection

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I know I want a 308 semi auto

The question has been which one. Yes, I own two AR 15s and already own another 308 Semi auto. This is aside from the other 16 rifles and shotguns I own. I have also been shooting for about 29 years now. I am looking for a hybrid gun, as described by Jack. If money was no object it would be easy. That is never the case. As such, I am trying to vet out every possible option before making a choice. It is never an easy choice when the price is high and I never buy junk. I have two shotguns in my safe that are over 150 years old and still function perfectly because they are quality made. I want to get the best that I can afford for my intended use. When it comes down to it I would rather purchase a more capable rifle than I need. In other words, I would love for it to be more accurate than I need, more reliable than I need, etc . . . . Why, because maybe I will need just that little extra bit once.
    Last edited by PNorris; 06-21-13 at 15:43.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
    I am looking for a hybrid gun, as described by Jack.
    Just curious, what don't you like about your PWS MK214 that is pushing you to not consider a new MOD 1 MK214/216/218? Is it lack of data out there on the MOD 1's performance?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

PWS

I have the MK114, the 5.56 version. I really love the gun. There is just very little data on the newer MK216 - 218. That is why I really have not considered that rifle. I have looked and looked, however, have found nothing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
    The question has been which one. Yes, I own two AR 15s and already own another 308 Semi auto. This is aside from the other 16 rifles and shotguns I own. I have also been shooting for about 29 years now. I am looking for a hybrid gun, as described by Jack. If money was no object it would be easy. That is never the case. As such, I am trying to vet out every possible option before making a choice. It is never an easy choice when the price is high and I never buy junk. I have two shotguns in my safe that are over 150 years old and still function perfectly because they are quality made. I want to get the best that I can afford for my intended use. When it comes down to it I would rather purchase a more capable rifle than I need. In other words, I would love for it to be more accurate than I need, more reliable than I need, etc . . . . Why, because maybe I will need just that little extra bit once.
    There is no such thing as a "hybrid" gun. I think Jack was just trying to classify the various .308 Ar's to make a novice understand the subtle differences.

KAC/Larue/LMT/GAP10 are all going to be similar in performance and the only difference is the parts used and the options. Just read the forums and decide what you like the best as far as parts and looks go.

Every swinging dick is going to tell you to buy something different as most of them just recommend the shit they bought.

Its all pretty easy. Decide what features you want and will pay for. Decide what type and length barrel you want. What rail and other options you will pay for. The decide what fits in your budget and get what you want. Making a post , saying what gun should I buy... and not clearly defining your parameters, budget or need is a waste of everyone's time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    Just curious, what don't you like about your PWS MK214 that is pushing you to not consider a new MOD 1 MK214/216/218? Is it lack of data out there on the MOD 1's performance?
    PWS, like LWRC are a waste of money. You can get better quality and reliability for much less. Pistons don't belong in AR's (unless its a SBR, and even now not so much that they have figured out the optimal gas systems/port size)

Feedback Score

Re: Struggling on latest 308 Selection

Quote Originally Posted by CRT2 View Post
    So, how did you achieve this magic? When I try their site it directs me to go to local retail to purchase.
    I got the same 5 Pmags (7.62*51) direct from magpul. Boulder Airlift,Google it. Flooded Colorado with standard capacity 30 round ar15 and 20 round ar10 mags to piss off the Colorado gun grabbers before their bogus laws go into effect. Gov. Stinkinlooper is trying out for the national stage and he was Bloombergs money to do it.

I got 15 of the gen2/3 5.56 mags as well. For Colorado residents only that have shipping addresses that are NOT Denver

Rootbrain

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootbrain View Post
    I got the same 5 Pmags (7.62*51) direct from magpul. Boulder Airlift,Google it. Flooded Colorado with standard capacity 30 round ar15 and 20 round ar10 mags to piss off the Colorado gun grabbers before their bogus laws go into effect. Gov. Stinkinlooper is trying out for the national stage and he was Bloombergs money to do it.

I got 15 of the gen2/3 5.56 mags as well. For Colorado residents only that have shipping addresses that are NOT Denver

Rootbrain
    If you are active law enforcement or military, or live in Colorado, then you can buy direct from magpul. The rest of us are stuck with inflated prices or backorder.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRT2 View Post
    If you are active law enforcement or military, or live in Colorado, then you can buy direct from magpul. The rest of us are stuck with inflated prices or backorder.
    The irony is the one knock on the SCAR was magazine availability... Tables have now been turned, you can buy as many scar magazines as your heart desires but nobody can seem to find .308 pmags (although I suspect this will change soon with the genM3s hitting shelves).

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    And a M40A3/A5 isisnt even close to the same thing as a stock 700. The whole ****ing gun is rebuilt and the only origional part is the action, which is machined and trued.... beacuse remington's are so bad they have to be remachined to be trued. Funny how Tikka's, Winchester's and FN's dont need this work.
    Oh, it isn't? Shit, I thought that the M40s I didn't mention were simply stock 700s. Mind. Shattered.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Oh, it isn't? Shit, I thought that the M40s I didn't mention were simply stock 700s. Mind. Shattered.
    Well since you wanted to try and get some cred around here by linking a Marine Scout sniper, and his opinion of a SR-25 vs a Bolt gun (which most would assume is a m40).

Stock 700's arent even in the same ****ing realm as a Scar as far as machining, quality and accuracy. Hell, they arent even in the same class as Tikka's, which can be had for less.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast