Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: $27,500 Gun Hits Targets at 1,000 Yards

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Necromancy time.

I am going to demo this tomorrow, as my store is becoming a Tracking Point dealer. The demo gun is the full house Krieger/Surgeon/AI AX model in .300 Win Mag. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

I'm of the opinion that this technology will be fairly standard in 20 years or less, provided it is durable enough.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer."
    — Frank Zappa

If the gun goes dry I use my knife. If the knife breaks off I use my teeth. I have only one rule - Start one job and see it through - The universe will have to offer someone else the leftovers. Multi tasking doesn't work in business or in gunfighting.
    - Michael de Bethencourt

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dookie1481 View Post
    Necromancy time.

I am going to demo this tomorrow, as my store is becoming a Tracking Point dealer. The demo gun is the full house Krieger/Surgeon/AI AX model in .300 Win Mag. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

I'm of the opinion that this technology will be fairly standard in 20 years or less, provided it is durable enough.
    Just out of curiosity, is this system of any use against moving targets? How about with 25-45 mph crosswinds on shots out to 1000m? If it is, great! If not, I don't see this having much utility. The hardest thing for any marksman to hit is a moving target or targets in high wind across distance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphCross View Post
    Just out of curiosity, is this system of any use against moving targets? How about with 25-45 mph crosswinds on shots out to 1000m? If it is, great! If not, I don't see this having much utility. The hardest thing for any marksman to hit is a moving target or targets in high wind across distance.
    DOD prefers videogames to marksmanship.
    “Live free or die; death is not the worst of evils.”
    - General John Stark, July 31, 1809

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolvs View Post
    DOD prefers videogames to marksmanship.
    Judging from the US Drone program I believe you are correct.

But staying on topic if it has real utility for experienced Army sniper teams or Marine S/S I would support the concept. But definitely not as a crutch for individual marksmanship.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234