Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Federal (Independence) XM193i

Feedback Score

Federal (Independence) XM193i

I was able to score a few rounds of Independence XM193i recently, but haven't seen much about it.

Supposedly it is Federal XM193, but the components are shipped to Israel where they are made and then shipped back here under the Independence label.

Anybody have experience with this ammo? Good, bad, or the same as the Lake City XM193?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56Spartan View Post
    I was able to score a few rounds of Independence XM193i recently, but haven't seen much about it.

Supposedly it is Federal XM193, but the components are shipped to Israel where they are made and then shipped back here under the Independence label.

Anybody have experience with this ammo? Good, bad, or the same as the Lake City XM193?
    It was good when I used it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Had zero issues when I used it. Shot about 200 rounds.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I have shot about 500 rounds. The brass is not LC, and the annealing is different..It is also quite hot as far as velocity other then that it works well. I'm wondering if IMI has anything to do with it

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    From the info I received from Federal the IMI is manufactured in Israel from virgin materials produced in Israel.

The IMI velocity is roughly 70fps faster then Federals M-193 when shot out of a 20" Colt HBar averaged over 100rds fired of each. Also accuracy with the IMI is slightly better in my AR's with 100rd groups being 1/4 inch smaller on average.

I also sectioned a bullet of both and it appears under magnification that the IMI jacket is thinner then the standard Federal M-193. When I have the chance I will have a precision metal grinder friend mike out both jackets to see what the difference is.

I would have to give it a recommended buy for those who have a true chambered 5.56 rifle as the IMI is a bit hotter and may have issues with out of spec chambers.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PA PATRIOT View Post
    From the info I received from Federal the IMI is manufactured in Israel from virgin materials produced in Israel.

The IMI velocity is roughly 70fps faster then Federals M-193 when shot out of a 20" Colt HBar averaged over 100rds fired of each. Also accuracy with the IMI is slightly better in my AR's with 100rd groups being 1/4 inch smaller on average.

I also sectioned a bullet of both and it appears under magnification that the IMI jacket is thinner then the standard Federal M-193. When I have the chance I will have a precision metal grinder friend mike out both jackets to see what the difference is.

I would have to give it a recommended buy for those who have a true chambered 5.56 rifle as the IMI is a bit hotter and may have issues with out of spec chambers.
    I have found this to be true also in both my OA pistol and my bushmaster. I got about 1k rounds of it and blew thru it until the last few boxes I saw the imported by federal from Israel. I would recommend it also

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Federal (Independence) XM193i

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56Spartan View Post
    This sounds really unlikely.
    This isn't an illegal gun, it's an "undocumented protection device". Don't be so insensitive.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We get that here in texass from academy $10/20 rds. 1 box max/day.
    I shot some in my 6920 it was gtg
    i like dating homeless girls.
    when you're done with them
    you can drop them off anywhere

Colt 6920(x2, soon to be 3), Glock 30s (×2), gen 4: 19,21.
    m70ab2 u/f, wasr

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the feedback!

Sounds like I got some good ammo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveshamockery View Post
    This sounds really unlikely.
    I agree; hence the reason I put it into my description. However, that is almost a direct quote from the President of a major online operation. And we all know that because you read it on the Internet or heard it at a gun shop, it must be true.

Based upon the comment that it is not LC brass as noted in an earlier reply, and thinking of the shear cost of sending containers of brass and bullets to Israel, I am likely to believe it is virgin components being made and assembled in Israel.

I remember IMI used to make the Q3131a ammunition that was imported and sold under the Winchester name. I also vaguely remember others making similar comments about Q3131a being a little hotter and having different annealing marks.

It would be interesting to compare the XM193i and the Q3131a to see if they are actually the same ammo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast