Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Federal (Independence) XM193i

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Maybe somebody can run it through a chrono and find out. M193 spec is 3250 out of a 20" tube.

ETA: I just saw the other thread. This stuff is 193 velocity out of a 16" barrel? Interesting to chrono it through the twenty-incher. Hot stuff indeed.
    Last edited by Uni-Vibe; 12-24-14 at 19:29.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Maybe somebody can run it through a chrono and find out. M193 spec is 3250 out of a 20" tube.

ETA: I just saw the other thread. This stuff is 193 velocity out of a 16" barrel? Interesting to chrono it through the twenty-incher. Hot stuff indeed.
    I ran some out of a 20 inch Colt. I forget the exact velocity, but I stopped after 5 rounds because the numbers and the case head swipes were a CLUE.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I ran some out of a 20 inch Colt. I forget the exact velocity, but I stopped after 5 rounds because the numbers and the case head swipes were a CLUE.

I have a Bravo Company REECE rifle chambered in 5.56 and I cannot use these rounds in that rifle. Federal wants me to send them 40 rounds for inspection. And Bravo Company rifles are very high quality made, and their BCG's are high pressure tested, MPI, 8620 Steel, Chrome Lined, Full Auto Carrier. This is the BCG other companies judge themselves against. Just read around online, nothing but the best about BCM's carrier group. Then to hear it jam with a 55 grain 5.56 round? Doesn't sound right at all. Even when I called BCM they were very surprised and pretty much stood behind their product and said it was probably the ammunition, BUT was willing to inspect my rifle if I sent it to them. Not just yet. Waiting to hear back from Federal on the testing of those 40 rounds I sent them.

http://www.diggsnet.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Not all lots seem to be as hot as some, and it is still being sold and no stories of blown up rifles. I am curious if it is still being made or if the stuff still for sale is is the 2013-14 stuff? If I had some I would shoot it in a beater as long as it was not popping primers, don't think I would use it in a prized rifle.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Recommend you pass. For other Federal/Vista options, try the AE223N.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I will pass on independance M193 at any price. You couldnt give it to me.

I have had more than a few boxes from a few lots give me an insane amount of popped primers. Stuff was WAAAYY too hot in my opinion. The popped primers even started locking up the guns. Swore off the stuff and havent had a stoppage since.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I will pass on independance M193 at any price. You couldnt give it to me.
    I'd take it for free all day long. But I'd pull the bullets, drop the charge 5%, and reload the bullets and powder in used brass. Keep the new brass for defensive loads.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123