Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Federal (Independence) XM193i

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56Spartan View Post
    It would be interesting to compare the XM193i and the Q3131a to see if they are actually the same ammo.
    Some say its the same but I have notice that the current 2013 IMI M-193 has a different crimp then the Q3131a.

FYI,

IMI is approved and qualified to produce ammo for the US military.
    It's about the only NON-USA manufacturer that the US govt will buy ammo from.

http://www.imi-israel.com/home/doc.aspx?mCatID=68555

http://www.imi-israel.com/vault/docu....56mm_m193.pdf
    Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 06-19-13 at 01:48.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That ammo is scortching hot. I bought a box to try out and ran it through Pappabears 20 inch Colt Hbar. The stuff was loaded too hot for my tastes.

I shot only 5 rounds of the box I had... and pulled down the rest. Saved the brass for stash ammo. Used the bullets and reduced powder for practice ammo.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Just an FYI -

Streichers (policehq.com) just posted some on their website.

$290 for 500rd case
    http://www.policehq.com/products/fc-xm193i

Here is the spec's they list.

• CALIBER: 5.56 mm, manufactured at the Israel Military Industries (IMI)
    • CASE: Brass (Copper Alloy No. 260)
    • BULLET: 55 gr. FMJ Boat-Tail
    • PRIMER: M41 Operating Range: (-40 degrees to +125 degrees F)
    • PRIMER SEALANT: Water resistant lacquer
    • CASE MOUTH SEALANT: Yes
    • CASE KNURL: No
    • HEADSTAMP: Each loaded cartridge shall be headstamped with the manufacturer's symbol and year of manufacture
    • ACCURACY: 3-10round groups not to exceed 1.00" mean radius maximum average at 100 yards
    • INSTRUMENTAL VELOCITY: 3165 +/- 40 FPS (78 feet from muzzle) using a 5.56 test barrel, 20" long
    • ENERGY: 1223 Ft-Lbs. at 78’
    • CHAMBER PRESSURE: Piezotronic maximum average per 10 rounds - 55000 PSI in 5.56 test barrel (case mouth location)
    • BULLET PULL: Minimum individual 35 lbs.
    • PROPELLANT DETECTION: 100% mechanical and/or electrical detection of propellant levels within the cartridge
    • VISUAL INSPECTION: 100% visual inspection of finished cartridges prior to packaging
    • WARNING: For use in standard 5.56 mm chambers. Do not use in non-standard 5.56 chambers.
    • PACKAGING: 20 Rounds per carton. 25 cartons per 500 round case.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have not seen any signs of pressure in my true 5.56 chamber AR's.

Also since IMI has what appears to be a thinner jacket then Federal's M-193 and from most accounts higher velocity this may allow the IMI to fragment decently.

If anything the Israeli's have always made high quality ammunition.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    Got notice that Streicher's has gotten some of this in stock.

Here is the spec's they posted on their site: (ymmv)

• CALIBER: 5.56 mm, manufactured at the Israel Military Industries (IMI)
    • CASE: Brass (Copper Alloy No. 260)
    • BULLET: 55 gr. FMJ Boat-Tail
    • PRIMER: M41 Operating Range: (-40 degrees to +125 degrees F)
    • PRIMER SEALANT: Water resistant lacquer
    • CASE MOUTH SEALANT: Yes
    • CASE KNURL: No
    • HEADSTAMP: Each loaded cartridge shall be headstamped with the manufacturer's symbol and year of manufacture
    • ACCURACY: 3-10round groups not to exceed 1.00" mean radius maximum average at 100 yards
    • INSTRUMENTAL VELOCITY: 3165 +/- 40 FPS (78 feet from muzzle) using a 5.56 test barrel, 20" long
    • ENERGY: 1223 Ft-Lbs. at 78’
    • CHAMBER PRESSURE: Piezotronic maximum average per 10 rounds - 55000 PSI in 5.56 test barrel (case mouth location)
    • BULLET PULL: Minimum individual 35 lbs.
    • PROPELLANT DETECTION: 100% mechanical and/or electrical detection of propellant levels within the cartridge
    • VISUAL INSPECTION: 100% visual inspection of finished cartridges prior to packaging
    • WARNING: For use in standard 5.56 mm chambers. Do not use in non-standard 5.56 chambers.
    • PACKAGING: 20 Rounds per carton. 25 cartons per 500 round case.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PA PATRIOT View Post
    If anything the Israeli's have always made high quality ammunition.
    That's funny! You should have seen the hundreds of rounds of Izzy I pulled down for Iraqgunz. Some of the worst ammo I've ever seen. Isreal is very capable of making crap. Kinks, crimps and split necks and shoulders. Crushed mouths, etc. Absolute garbage.

That said, the Independence ammo was much nicer looking and not along those lines. Just loaded too hot for my tastes. I forget what it Chrono'd.... I don't think it was dangerous. Just senselessly hot ammo.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    My local gun shop is having a sale tomorrow, 500 rounds of independence 5.56 for $200. Been scheming all day on how to come up with enough money. Shot a few boxes of it last week through my 6920 without any problems.

Feedback Score

Federal (Independence) XM193i

Quote Originally Posted by tacoops View Post
    My local gun shop is having a sale tomorrow, 500 rounds of independence 5.56 for $200. Been scheming all day on how to come up with enough money. Shot a few boxes of it last week through my 6920 without any problems.
    Damn I would jump on that like the IRS to conservatives.

Sent from my iPhone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jdc. View Post
    Damn I would jump on that like the IRS to conservatives.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Done

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There are known and documented issues with the Federal-Independence XM193i. Here is a thread with additional information, including velocities and lot numbers for reference. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ce-5-56-XM193I
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast