Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texans: Perry signed all gun bills

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I heard that the knife pre-emption bill died without being passed, so local ordinances still stand.

This is a couple weeks old information by now though.
    Unprepared: Not prepared; caught by surprise; dead

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    So after all that why not ditch the stupid double edged/length nonsense while they were at it?
    You would likely need to ask the bill sponsors. When I am elected Galactic Overlord of Texas, you may rest assured I shall deal with such impediments to the good people of this state.

From what I have read, they will go after that next session. Like Mom and Dad told us when we wanted to stop for ice cream: "We'll see."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    It's House Bill 1862, and it goes into effect Sept 1. Perry signing it was symbolic, since it passed with a veto-proof majority.

Basically, it just strips the word "switchblade" from the laws that list prohibited weapons. Something you need to remember, is that it DOES NOT change the law in Texas regarding double-edged weapons - that would be the language referring to a "dirk, dagger or poniard".

So buy all the auto's you want, as long as the blade is not double-edged or longer than 5.5 inches. They can still arrest you for that.

A quick search with my trusty friend Mr. Google came up with this:

http://openstates.org/tx/bills/83/HB1862/

If you live in a place like, oh, let's say *cough* San Antonio *cough* it's very good news.

And yes, I'll be rocking a Spyderco Citadel on September 2nd, and carrying a laminated copy of the applicable statute.

We just had a member on our forum just deal with this law as a CHLer. If you are interested, the link is HERE The resolution is post #428

There is a lot of muck to wade through in that thread so be prepared.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorts View Post
    We just had a member on our forum just deal with this law as a CHLer. If you are interested, the link is HERE The resolution is post #428

There is a lot of muck to wade through in that thread so be prepared.
    I lurk at Texas Gun Talk, and have been reading that thread as it has progressed. I pay very, very careful attention to the law when I am in Travis county. The legal atmosphere there gives special emphasis to the phrase "Concealed means concealed."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I lurk at Texas Gun Talk, and have been reading that thread as it has progressed. I pay very, very careful attention to the law when I am in Travis county. The legal atmosphere there gives special emphasis to the phrase "Concealed means concealed."
    That is the truth.

I'm careful when I drive through there with my diesel truck.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorts View Post
    That is the truth.

I'm careful when I drive through there with my diesel truck.
    OMG! A diesel truck! Hater of Mother Earth! Despoiler of the paradise that is Austin!

<chortle>

I lived and worked in Austin many decades ago, and enjoyed it as a fun place. But it's gotten wacky, and I only drive through there for music and BBQ now.

I hope you and the hubby are well, and he's safely back home. Please thank him for his service, too.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    OMG! A diesel truck! Hater of Mother Earth! Despoiler of the paradise that is Austin!

<chortle>

I lived and worked in Austin many decades ago, and enjoyed it as a fun place. But it's gotten wacky, and I only drive through there for music and BBQ now.

I hope you and the hubby are well, and he's safely back home. Please thank him for his service, too.

"I am a baaaad (wo)man."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If I understand HB48, when I go to renew my license I no longer have to take a stupid class. Is that correct?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayglock View Post
    If I understand HB48, when I go to renew my license I no longer have to take a stupid class. Is that correct?
    Yes, You are correct. Haven't seen anything rolled out/announced from TX DPS, but I'm "assuming" it will be a New Option/Hyperlink in our online login/profile.
    As long as your renewal is after September 1, 2013 of this year. IF it is before you still have to comply with current renewal steps.
    Last edited by SPDGG; 06-30-13 at 17:56.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12