Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Most embarrassing moments in matches

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Nearly every time I've shot a match that requires X amount of rounds on this target and Y amounts on the other targets. Counting is a weakness of mine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had borrowed a friends' AR-15 for a USPSA-style run-n-gun carbine match -- this is before I owned an AR, and was very inexperienced with their use.

To make a long story short, I spent a full minute in the middle of a stage that should have taken maybe 45 seconds trying to seat a magazine for a reload.

And that's how a learned to make sure not to stuff 31 rounds into P-Mags.... (out of pity, the safety officer finally clued me to lock the bolt back and then seat the mag)
    Last edited by mattj; 06-19-13 at 10:06.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Start position seated in drivers side of a prop jeep with a stage gun in the passenger seat, shooter's unloaded rifle staged in the back of the jeep. On start, engage two targets at point blank range, safe and abandon the stage gun, retrieve rifle from jeep and move to elevated shooting area where shooter's ammo was staged.

I got almost to the top of the stairs for the shoot platform when I realized my squad was yelling that I'd forgotten my rifle...

Considering how slow I shot the rest of the stage (steel from 100-300 yards), the forgotten rifle is just a footnote in a disastrous run.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Nearly every time I've shot a match that requires X amount of rounds on this target and Y amounts on the other targets. Counting is a weakness of mine
    Wait till you are older and you can't see or hear them hit either.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Ok here are mine.
    Fell on my face but managed to keep the gun pointed in a safe direction to avoid a DQ.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jj4mK_Mc5o

dropped the mag on the buzzer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0tm2Ot133g
    Mine was the mag dropping upon pulling the trigger on the first shot didnt have it seated propperly on pistol. First match first stage ever.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Last years NC section. 1st L II match. I showed up at "lunch" thinking I could do walk thrus. NOPE

I hit 3 no shoots and FTE'd 4 targets.

This year the SC section was only Fri and Sat, I had a state test on friday. The NC section is already full, and I have no way of knowing I could have it off to shoot. It appears this gun racing stuff favors the retired/well off.

Feedback Score
    USPSA match about a year ago. Hot day and this was my last stage of the day. Easy stage. Two mags with two rounds each. You do one run from facing forward and the second run from facing rear, turn 180 and engage. Two targets at about 7 yards, two to body target 1, reload, two to body target 2, done.

I was on my second one and shot two to the body and as I'm bringing my mag up to the gun, I catch a glimpse of the black follower in my Glock mag! DOH! I had set up my mags incorrectly and put an empty mag back into my mag pouch. Total rookie mistake. The RO wondered why I ejected the mad right after I reloaded.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I did a particularly muddy USPSA style AR match a while back. I was in the last group on the stage so it was pretty messy. To the best of my memory the stage was two targets off the buzzer, safe & sling the weapon, grab a hostage dummy and run to cover where you engaged 3-4 targets, then ran to another cover and took care of another 6 targets.
    Well the first two targets weren't a problem, doing a full on split as I was coming to the first cover carrying the dummy and landing in the mud, well that was a problem. Then, frazzled from that split I forgot about the POI difference since I was using a optic & put two rounds through the cover. So naturally, I then slid again running to the next cover, but managed to avoid the split this time, Finally the RO decided it was probably time to clean this up & went and got some hay....At least I kept the gun in a safe direction and everyone got a good laugh. Felt like I was running a match on ice.
    Last edited by Stangman; 06-19-13 at 19:00.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Not a big fan of memory stages either.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Charging handle popped off my 1100 as I ran the gun dry. After a flustered search on the ground I was moved on the the r/o to the next stage Lost points and patients,

the ch was on a barrel right under my noes....
    "Courage is being scared to death ,but saddling up anyways" John wayne

NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast