Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Most embarrassing moments in matches

Feedback Score
    I have three:
    1. Being DQ:d (safety angle) as the first shooter on the first stage in a pistol competition after an early four-hour drive. Same spot resulted in another two DQ:s of experienced competitors (which I was not).
    2. Throwing myself into the prone position to shoot at paper targets at 300 meters and then having a brain fart regarding which targets to engage (had to turn around and ask the RO, "we're shooting on white here, right?" (we were.))
    3. And finally; this: https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.p...&postcount=267
    Last edited by skullworks; 06-21-13 at 09:26.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    One time I forgot my sunglasses and had to borrow a pair of Rudy Project glasses. I will never live it down!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Tischauser View Post
    One time I forgot my sunglasses and had to borrow a pair of Rudy Project glasses. I will never live it down!
    Oh you poor thing
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear

Feedback Score
    Nothing humbles a person like a mistake during an competition. Thanks for sharing.

Feedback Score
    I shoot fairly quickly. I shoot hostages extremely quickly and surprisingly accurately. Now actual targets? Not so much.

I once shot 5 hostages in a match. I think failing is ideal for future performance.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'll be running my first carbine match in a few weeks. My first screw up will definitely be documented!
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing lunch, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obucina View Post
    I'll be running my first carbine match in a few weeks. My first screw up will definitely be documented!
    My Advise to you is be Safe and Have fun. Everything else is bonus. You're going to be nervous but first match just worry about being safe and take your time.

That was my goals, Try to finish the match without hurting myself or being asked to leave. After that Have fun, because lets be honest, it's a ton of money to go out there and be miserable because you didn't do as well as you wanted. This ain't Golf.

ETA: I might just go ahead and shoot the first hostage I see in the face to go ahead and let the worst case scenario happen and relax after that.

You will shoot better enjoying yourself, IMVHO.
    Last edited by BWT; 07-03-13 at 11:53.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have a plan for each course of fire, focus on accuracy first, watch your muzzle, you'll be fine.

Have fun.
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear

Feedback Score

Sv: Most embarrassing moments in matches

Quote Originally Posted by Moltke View Post
    Have a plan for each course of fire, focus on accuracy first, watch your muzzle, you'll be fine.

Have fun.
    I would suggest a different order: have a plan, watch your muzzle, focus on accuracy - good advice regardless.

Tapatapatapatalk

Feedback Score
    i have two memorable ones.

first was camp perry, national trophy match. Viale. shot a 10 first round standing. after second round, target was pulled into the pits and didn't come back up until about 30 seconds before time expired. So I got to finish my standing string for 8 minutes by myself while roughly 800-900 other competitors stood there watching and waiting on me. needless to say, i was unprepared for that mental game.

second was the first Winter Mammoth Sniper Challenge. I was DQ'd for having a round in my chamber. It was motivational though. I went from last place in Winter to first place in the Summer Mammoth 6 months later.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast