Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pmag LR20 converted to 10 rounds

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Pmag LR20 converted to 10 rounds

Has anyone here converted a 20 round 308 Pmag to 10 rounds? I have recently run across two people on separate occasions, who have converted 20 round Pmag LR20 to 10 round magazine. These are precision guys who use the modified mags in matches. They cut the mag body and spring and reattach the base plate (one used rivets and the other super glue to attach the base plate).

I plan to make some modified magazines but want to know if anyone who has done this can provide additional information. Cut location, base plate attachment method, recommendations, etc.
    "I knew it was a mistake to issue weapons. We're a government department not a paramilitary unit!" - Barry (Bad Taste)
    "The headshot's the only true stopper." - Derek (Bad Taste)

Feedback Score
    sorry misread op
    Last edited by Chuck_B; 06-19-13 at 21:25. Reason: please delete

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_B View Post
    sorry misread op
    Delete. It's fixed
    Last edited by steyrman13; 06-19-13 at 21:27.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Magblock makes a block specifically for blocking PMAG LR20 mags to 10rnds. I use their products on 5.56 PMAGs and they've all been great and easy.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have seen the limiting blocks but I want to actually reduce the magazine length from the magwell. I want the shorter mag for matches where the full-length mag would be a hindrance on barricades or other positions.
    Last edited by rdbse; 06-20-13 at 07:17.
    "I knew it was a mistake to issue weapons. We're a government department not a paramilitary unit!" - Barry (Bad Taste)

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    These guys offer a 308 "stubby" that has been cut.
    http://midwestpx.com/product_info.ph...roducts_id=399

I have plenty of mags and want to do this myself instead of paying for additional magazines. Would like to hear from anyone who has done this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rdbse View Post
    These guys offer a 308 "stubby" that has been cut.
    http://midwestpx.com/product_info.ph...roducts_id=399

I have plenty of mags and want to do this myself instead of paying for additional magazines. Would like to hear from anyone who has done this.
    I've got a few of his mags that I have used for long range matches with an AR10 type rifle in 6XC and they work great. I had him cut mine down to fit 15 rounds.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CC556 View Post
    I've got a few of his mags that I have used for long range matches with an AR10 type rifle in 6XC and they work great. I had him cut mine down to fit 15 rounds.
    Did you send your magazines for modification? If so, what was the turn around time? Are you satisfied with their work?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I want to actually reduce the magazine length from the magwell. I want the shorter mag for matches where the full-length mag would be a hindrance on barricades or other positions.
    If you're not in a rush, I can't imagine the PMAG 10 LR/SR GEN M3 mags taking much longer to come out. A lot of retailers already have them listed in their stores.
    Last edited by Plasman; 06-20-13 at 09:17.

Feedback Score
    Did you send your magazines for modification? If so, what was the turn around time? Are you satisfied with their work?
    I bought them modified. The work is excellent, I haven't had any problems with any of the mags, and they're great for positions where you don't have a lot of room under the rifle. I don't know what the turnaround time would be currently if you send your own mags, you'd have to ask them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast